RanPoe: Noodles and Candles

"Ranpo-kun!" Said Poe while opening the door briskly, rushing towards Ranpo. "I wrote you a new mistery book! Can you-"

"Not now, I'm busy." Said Ranpo, while eating sweets. The other detectives didn't even bothered at the intrusion of Poe, since it had became a habit.

"Oh, I see... Sorry.... I'll wait for you, then. Maybe, today I'll prove you that I am your equal!" He mumbled quietly until he said the last sentence, that gave him courage again.

"Probably not." Ranpo replied, while munching a pocky.

"...Y-Yeah, I mean, that is a possibility..." Muttered Poe, losing confidence again.

"Gimme the book and I'll show ya."

"Were you not busy?" Asked him, raising his head.

"I can eat my snacks, while resolving your mistery. Not a problem."

Ranpo disappeared into the book, as light, gold words wrapped him in a warm hug. And, of course, as Ranpo said, he resolved it in way less than ten minutes.

"Poe-kun, you gave out too many clues! Of course it had to be the doctor, the real killer!"

Kunikida chirped in, and calmly asked Ranpo if he was ready to go. He nodded and excused himself.

"Bye bye, Poe-kun!" Ranpo yelled, as he waved him goodbye.

"Goodbye, Ranpo-kun." He replied with a slight smile.

Poe walked away with his raccoon friend, Karl, on his shoulder. He closed the door behind his shoulder and went back home.

'I have to impress Ranpo-kun... Or else he will never see something good in me! What if... What if he spends time with me out of pity? No, no, no! No! I must impress him, and prove him wrong! Though... Is Ranpo-kun ever wrong...?'

-

"It has been a few weeks since Poe-san last visit... Ranpo-san, have you heard news from him?" Tanizaki asked, while gazing out the window with Naomi in his arms. It was quite a cool day, so she wanted to take advage of her brother's warmth.

"No, anything, and it DO is strange. But, maybe he has the writer's block and he locked himself at home." He bluntly stated, as he played with his chair, changing his weight from a leg of the chair to another. There was not much work in those times, and even now, it seemed a calm day.

"Ranpo-san, call him." Yosano told him, more like an advice than an order.

"Mah, why are y'all so worried... Fine! Fine! I'll call him, happy? So y'all will know you are wrong." He sighed, taking his phone and typing his number. He was not picking up. 'Mh... Strange. Let's retry, maybe he didn't hear the ringtone.' He thought as he retried, none picked up again. "Yosano-sensei, quick question: are you free, right now?"

"Yeah, sure. Want me to bring you snacks?"

"No, can you take me to a place?" He said while putting his glasses on. As he did so, she knew that something was going on.

-

They were in front of the door of a house.

"Is this the house of Poe-san?"

"Yes, it is." He calmly said, before banging at the door. "Poe-kun! Wake up and open the door!" He yelled, but heard no response, so he just banged louder, on which answer was a thud from inside the house. "Thank you, Yosano-sensei, now I can handle it alone." And she hummed questionantly, but ended up saying: "If you say so... See you later, Ranpo-san."

"See ya!"

Ranpo waited impantiently in front of his door.

"Ranpo-kun?!" He heard Poe yelling as he watched from the peephole. He never unlocked and opened a door so quickly.