🔗Broken Roads🔗

Start from the beginning

"I'd do anything just to kiss you, princess.."

----

The remembrance of it all ran over Hailey's already broken heart like a truck. She remembered every last moment of Jake's final minutes. She remembered the last kiss that they shared for good. It felt like she could still taste his soft, gentle lips on hers. Their kiss was truly magical, and Hailey hated the fact that she would never experience that feeling with him again. Jake was Hailey's everything. Her entire world. He meant so much to her.

Recently, Hailey had no idea how to cope. She hasn't been doing well obviously, and not that anyone could blame her. Since her spouse's passing, Hailey's mental capacity and physical wellbeing has been deteriorating. She doesn't sleep much at night and stays up for hours, skips meals, drinks a lot, hasn't done anything related to music even though it's her greatest passion, and the only emotions Hailey seems to feel as of now are sadness and rage.

Hailey always had a bit of an uptight personality, but now her anger issues have elevated to a whole different level. The littlest and simplest of things cause Hailey to absolutely lose it, no matter how big or small of a deal it is. She seemed to have an attitude towards everything, to the point where Hailey gets more enraged than her own brother, Zander.

Without Jake, Hailey struggled to remain calm nowadays. It was Jake who helped her with her anxiety issues and bad temper. Only he could calm Hailey down, and get her to relax, plus get ahold of herself. Now that he isn't here anymore, Hailey had no choice but to let all that frustration out freely.

The visibly upset widow continued to trail down the bare footpath. Right now, Hailey was making her way back home. She had decided earlier on to take herself on a little walk in hopes of clearing her mind, and that a bit of fresh air may do her some good. Nonetheless, Jake remained in her thoughts, and just wouldn't leave them.

Due to Hailey zoning out, she suddenly bumped into another pedestrian against the shoulder. The two grunted as they were both taken aback by the abrupt hit. Hailey held onto her collarbone and glared dead hard at whoever she had just brushed past.

"WOULD YOU WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING?!" She yelled at the person, only to see their quite frightened and naive expression in return. Another one of Hailey's outbursts was making an appearance, and it wasn't a pretty sight for the confused man she bumped into.

"I-I'm terribly sorry, miss..!" The man trembled, trying his best to apologise to her. "I didn't mean to bump into you like that.."

"Oh, I'm sure you are.." Hailey almost gritted through her teeth. She rubbed her shoulder with another stare at the man before she turned herself away and started to walk off, leaving him behind. Rolling her eyes, Hailey chose to forget it and just focused on getting back home. After that had happened, she definitely didn't feel like being outside any longer.

"I better get home soon..Once I get there, I'm making myself a cup of tea and then I'm going to look through Jake and I's photo album again..."

This was a habit Hailey had gotten herself into every now and then. She would look through pictures in her and Jake's album, recollecting all of the beloved memories she shared with her husband. While doing so, small tears would slip out from her eyelids as seeing Jake in the photos would only make Hailey miss him all the more. It was one of the ways that she could grieve in peace, though it broke her heart.

It wasn't long before Hailey finally had made it back to her humble abode. She glanced up at her house, the place Jake used to live in happily. It was a place that did feel like home beforehand, but not anymore. With Jake not being there, Hailey's house felt incomplete and wrong to stay in. It didn't have that homely feeling. It was just a regular house now.