Chapter Fourteen: Zacky

Several days had passed since the night Brian and I had dinner together. We tried to ignore each other at school, making sure that no one got suspicious about our relationship. Though several times, Brian would take me into a bathroom stall for a few kisses between classes.

It was our last day of school before we would be off the entire summer. I was walking to my last period when I felt a hand grab my wrist and begin to drag me. There were too many people crowding the hall, and I was unable to tell who it was.

I chuckled when I realized I was being dragged to another bathroom. Brian turned towards me once we were safe from the students running through the halls.

The bathroom was empty, and Brian decided to take a major risk. He set me on top of the sink and kissed me, not even worried if anyone would come in.

But someone did.

We turned in sync to see Matt, trying to hold in his laughter.

"Are you kidding?" He almost yelled.

My face turned bright red, but Brian didn't seem to be bothered.

"Does it look like I'm kidding?" He grabbed my shirt and kissed me again.

"No, not really." Matt had burst into laughter by then.

After he calmed down a bit, Brian rolled his eyes. "You're such an douche, Sanders."

"No, no." Matt held up his hands in defense. "I'm cool with it, man. I just never expected you two.. To be, you know."

I hopped off of the sink.

"Matt..." The taller boy turned to me now. "Just, please, don't tell anyone. Okay?"

"Alright, I won't." He shrugged his shoulders and turned to leave, letting out a final, loud laugh.

I sighed, fearful for whether or not I could trust Matt.

"He won't tell anyone." Brian seemed to have read my mind. "Trust me."

He took my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. I nodded my head, believing him.

"By the way, Zee." My boyfriend turned to me, quickly kissing my forehead. "Wanna stay over at my house tonight?" He asked me.

"Most certainly." I replied, and he chuckled.

"Okay, just come by whenever. The door will be unlocked. You can just come in. Maybe I'll have a surprise for you." Brian winked.

Our lips met for a final kiss before we left for class.

~*~

Brian and I walked home together, annoyed by the others who were screaming joyfully at the escape from school. No one would be back for several months.

We had been in a relationship. We had made out many times. Yet, my heart still raced each time his hand brushed against mine.

At my house, Brian followed me to my front porch. I turned to him and he gently pushed me backwards.

He softly kissed my lips and whispered, "Oh, Zee, I love you."

"I love you too, Bri." I replied, closing my eyes as we kissed once more.

I watched as he stepped off of my porch and walked away, down the street.

I smiled to myself and went inside, closing the door behind me.

"Who was that?" I jumped at Zina's voice.

"N-no one. What do you mean?" I terribly tried to cover up the fact that Brian and I had just kissed.

"You have another boyfriend. Don't you?" She giggled, and without waiting for a response, went out the front door.

My heart raced. I took out my phone to text Brian.

We have to be more careful.

I hit send and waited for his response.

Why, what happened?

Brian's message appeared on the screen.

I didn't have time to reply before I heard footsteps getting closer to me.

"Did I hear, you have another boyfriend?" A low voice growled and I looked up to see my father.

My voice shook, "N-no."

He narrowed his eyes, and we both knew I was lying.

"Take your shirt off." He snapped at me.

"W-what?" I asked, though I knew what was coming.

"You heard me, boy."

Shakily, I obeyed. I heard the sound I had feared for most of my life. He slid his belt out and stepped closer to me.

The sound of leather against skin. The loud snap. I tried not to, but I cried out in pain. I received another whip from his belt against my back.

I had to get to Brian's house.