Chapter Five: Brian

I was still jittery when I entered the front door of my house. I feared that Zacky was able to hear my heart pounding, before we parted, and I once more watched as he entered his home. We agreed that I would walk to his house later that night, and we would both go to the beach together. Then afterwards, we'd head back to my place. He said his parents wouldn't mind if he stayed over.

The slamming door behind me brought me back to my surroundings. No one was home, as expected, and they wouldn't be until Monday afternoon. I honestly didn't even pay much attention to where they even said they were going. If I wasn't going to be there, I didn't really give a shit.
My heart began to slow again, and I calmed down from my excitement.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I found a text from Jimmy that had popped up onto the screen. I still couldn't concentrate at all, but it was something about if I wanted to hang out with him. I felt bad, but this seemed like my only chance with Zacky at the moment. So I apologized and declined, letting him know that I already had plans.

I tried to pay attention to what was really going on, but I found myself looking at the clock every two minutes to see if it had gotten any closer to 6:30. It hadn't, at least not by much.

I stepped into the living room and sank onto the couch. Trying to keep myself occupied, I watched a bit of television. Time was going so slow, and I groaned each time I looked at the clock. I decided to take a shower, and by the time I got out, and ready, it was approximately 6:10. I only had about 20 minutes, so I left for Zacky a bit early. I was hoping that he'd be ready and we could just spend a little more time at the beach. But he wasn't.

When I arrived at Zacky's house, it took him about three minutes just to get to the door.

"I- Uh, sorry.. I didn't know you were coming yet." Zacky blushed, he definitely appeared to be no where near ready.

I smiled at him, "No, that's my fault. I came early, sorry."

"C-Come in, I'll be right back." He gestured for me to enter and disappeared around a hallway. I stepped through the doorway and looked around his home. It was a nice sized house and didn't seem abnormal in any way. A few minutes had passed and I looked up to see Zacky as he returned, his hair combed. He quickly put shoes on. We stepped out and he closed the door behind us. We began walking down the street, in the direction of the beach. It didn't take too long to get there, but long enough for it to get awkward by the silence.

"So, your parents are okay with me staying over?" Zacky asked quietly, looking over at me.

"Oh, yeah, it doesn't matter to them. Not like they're going to be there." I replied, and the younger boy nodded his head.

When we got to the beach, we didn't really know what we were planning to do. We took our shoes off and stepped onto the burning sand, getting closer towards the water. Not many people walked on the beach, probably because the temperature hasn't been as warm. But several people waded into the water or watched their kids build sandcastles beneath the somewhat cloudy sky.

I looked over at Zacky, watching him dig his toes into the sand when we slowed to a stop. He must have noticed me watching him, because he looked up at me. I wanted to kiss him so fucking bad right then and there.

His emerald eyes studied my expression, "What?" He asked, "What's wrong?"

I realized it must have been pretty strange for me to just be staring at him like that, and I honestly didn't really know why I was doing it anyway.

"Oh, uhm.. Nothing, I just.. I don't know.." My voice slowly trailed off, and Zacky sort of raised an eyebrow.

"Okay," he mumbled, almost quizzically. He turned back towards the ocean. The closer I looked, the more I noticed a light pink blush across the younger boy's cheeks.

At that moment I realized that I would have to be the one to make the first move. Zacky thinks I'm straight. (Which is true, I guess. It's just something about him, you know?) He won't try to make a move if he thinks I don't like him. But I do. A lot.

I would have to kiss Zacky.