Chapter 20

-2 Weeks Later-

Jess's POV:

I hadnt seen Jasmine in atleast two weeks now, it was kind of weird. Justin must of said something to her at Demi's part but i dont know, i asked Demi and she just said what Justin said, still dont believe ether of them.

But today was my birthday.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Pattie and Bonnie shouted as i walked into the living room.

"Thanks" I smiled

"Happy 16th baby" I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind, i turned my head and saw Justin smiling, he placed his head on my shoulder.

"So what are you doing today then?" Pattie asked

"Nothing, just staying home, i dont see the big deal"

"But your 16! You have to do something!" Bonnie said

"Im not really in the mood" I shrugged my shoulders and walked over to the sofa where Justin sat next to me.

"Well we got you birthday presents"

"You didnt have too"

"Oh we did though" Pattie smiled and handed the wrapped boxes over.

I unwrapped them, but noticed there was no present from Justin. I hugged Bonnie and Pattie and thanked them then i turned to Justin.

"You didnt forget did you?"

"Obviously not" He chuckled and pulled out a small box from his jeans, he handed it to me.

Slowly i opened it to reveal a shiny silver ring, on it had a little diamond and on the inside it had the date we got together with a love heart, it was so cute!

"Thank you!" I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him, not realising Pattie and Bonnie were still in the room.

"Its alright" He smiled and kissed me back which made me smile even more as i slipped the ring on my finger.

"Right you two, im gonna go get the mail" Pattie said and got up.

Me and Justin just sat on the sofa talking with Bonnie when Pattie walked through holding letters.

"You've both got mail, it looks like the same letter" She said and threw it to me and Justin, we both opened it at the same time, it was from Scooter and the record company.

The message read;

'As you've both come so far over the past months we was wondering if you wanted to make an album, seperately though. We can give you all the help you need. If you please could you come down to the studio and meet scooter at 11am tomorrow.'

"We're gonna have your own album!" We both shouted and hugged each other

"Aw well done you two! What an extra treat to your birthday!" Pattie smiled

"Well done!" Bonnie said and hugged us both.

"Uh Jess, theres something else for you" Justin looked at bit confused of why it was only to me, i slowly took the letter from Pattie's hands and undone it.

I read it slowly and carefully, i couldnt believe this;

'We are very sorry to tell you that your mother has passed away, as soon as you get this could you please call *****-***-**** for more information.'

Tears started coming down my cheeks, everyone was quiet. Suddenly i just got up and stormed up to my room, clutching the letter.

I jumped on my bed and couldnt stop crying, this was the worst birthday ever.

"Jess?"

"Go away Justin!" I cried into the pillow, i think he got the message because it went silent but then Pattie came rushing in.

"Please can you leave me alone?" i sniffled.

"Not till i know whats upset you" I sat up and wiped my eyes, handing her the letter, she gasped.

Maybe i disliked my mom because she gave me so much pain but she loved me, i loved her and nothing could break that, i was going to visit her in a couple of weeks, looks like i'll be visiting for the wrong reason.

"Would you like me to ring them?" She said softly, i couldnt speak, i just nodded my head.

I sat there in silence while she was on the phone, one she hung up she explained.

"Would you like me to tell you what happened?" I nodded slowly after a while

"Okay.. well they said she suffered stab wounds to her chest and by help got there she wasnt able to pull through" So it wasnt an accident...

I cried, i couldnt speak, i couldnt gather the words to speak. "I loved h-her s-so much" I cried.

"I know you did hun" She wrapped her arms around me and kissed my head "Dont let this bring you down on your 16th" She smiled, how was i not?

"Justin seemed pretty down, do you want him in here? He'll sit with you, you need someone" She smiled, i nodded.

***

"Im so sorry Jess" Justin rushed in and wrapped his arms around me

"I-Its not your f-fault"

"My mom told me what happened.." He said and held me tighter.

All that was running through my mind was who killed her, i was even more upset at the thought. I didnt want to talk to anybody, i wanted to curl up in a ball and die.

***

-1 Week Later-

We'd rearranged the meeting with Scooter because of last week, everyone on twitter has been so supportive, so has Pattie, Bonnie, Demi and Justin, i couldnt thank them enough.

But right now we were in the studio, waiting for Scooter to walk in, when he did he took a seat opposite us, me and Justin got cut short from playing a game.

"Im sorry Jess, i heard the news.."

"Its alright" I fake smiled

"So.. these albums.. we think it will be an excellent idea for you both, getting everyone to hear you, im sure your home town would love it! And all around the world!"

We agreed..

********

She lost her mom on her birthday, sad:( But who killed her? A lot of suspects..

Vote and Comment :) xox