801-810

Chapter 801 Five Zero Miserable Sister-in-Law (34)

  Xu Yin doesn't feel that life in the Great Northern Wilderness is boring and boring at all.

  If someone thinks that, they must have not discovered the beauty of labor.

  Every inch of land has been reclaimed from underfoot, and more and more wasteland has been planted with crops.

  From spring plowing to summer busyness, and then to autumn harvest, from scratch, from small to large, each crop is finally threshed into precious grains, which enrich the granary of the motherland.

  This sense of satisfaction and sense of accomplishment is enough to make up for the hardship and fatigue of working.

  During the slack season, she and Cheng Shaojin often wandered around the mountains, digging wild vegetables, planing fresh bamboo shoots, picking some mushrooms, and occasionally hunting pheasants and hares to improve their meals. The married life was busy and fulfilling.

  Seeing that she likes to eat pheasants, Cheng Shaojin built a small yard with a bamboo fence behind the dormitory, built a chicken coop, and raised a few chickens for her.

  The pheasant is dry and has little meat. How can there be domestic chicken with fat and fat, which tastes satisfying?

  Chicken food is also convenient. Xu Yin sprinkled a wave of chicken grass in the yard. Chicken grass seeds are the favorite food of chickens.

  Occasionally mix them with bran, wheat bran and small broken rice, which is considered an extra meal.

  The well-fed chicken cubs are running happily in the yard.

  Others thought it was troublesome to raise chickens at first. They had to feed the chickens and clean the chicken coop every day. It was tiring enough to cultivate wasteland. Who wouldn't want to be lazy and rest on the kang when they had some time?
  I really want to eat it. After the Chinese New Year, everyone collects a bag of rations and asks the villagers to exchange half of it. Can't they also eat a few mouthfuls of chicken?
  But when spring came and autumn came, the food went into the warehouse smoothly, and the first snow fell in the Great Northern Wilderness, the chicks that Xu Yin and his wife raised in the spring finally grew into the white-cut chicken, spicy chicken, and yellow chicken that were served on the dinner table during the New Year. Braised chicken and other fat appearance, can not help but salivate.

  You can eat chickens without collecting rations, and there are not only half a chicken, but several chickens, everyone admires it.

  "Captain, why don't we raise a few cats next year? I don't think Xu Yin and the others have taken care of them this year. They just keep them in a small fenced yard and let them peck insects for food. It doesn't seem difficult.

  " The captain glanced at them: "What? Seeing Xiao Xu eating chicken, are you hungry?" "

  ..."

  Don't tell the truth.

  Regardless of whether or not to raise chickens in the coming year, there is no chance this year anyway.

  It's all snowing.

  If there is a list of cities across the country who is the first to enter the winter rankings, there is no need to compete for Beiguan, and it is firmly ranked first every year.

  Xu Yin remembered that at the beginning of the year, she sent a telegram to her hometown saying that she would be back for the Chinese New Year this year, so she said hello to the captain in advance.

  The two plan to go back to Yuanshan County first, so that the mother-in-law can meet the son-in-law.

  Spend a new year at Lao Xu's house, and then set off to visit his parents.

  Xu Yin packed some New Year's goods, including the rations she saved up, dried mushrooms, dried bamboo shoots, and smoked bacon.

  However, after thinking about it, she put away half of it, leaving five catties of rations, a small package of dried bamboo shoots and mushrooms, and a cured chicken.

  People from Old Xu's family thought she had made a lot of money outside, anyway, this was enough for her and Comrade Xiaojin's New Year's rations.

  Before leaving, she brought half a steamed boiled chicken to visit the captain: "Captain, Shaojin and I are leaving tomorrow, and we will see you in the next year.

  " Stay a few more days, and come back before spring plowing."

  Xu Yin and Cheng Shaojin took the train back together, and did not occupy the quota of the truck.

  The other team members had no money to buy train tickets, so they could only stay here to celebrate the New Year if they couldn't get the lottery.

  Xiao Jing and Huang Xiaohong didn't have the good luck of last year this year - they didn't get the lottery, and they could exchange rations for places last year. This year everyone has enough rations, so they all want to go home and have a look. Therefore, watching Xu Yin being picked up by Cheng Shaojin to catch the train , The team members who had no chance to go home were so envious that their eyes almost popped out.

  Captain Fu, as the leader of the first team, has to stay and sit in town, but he has half a chicken sent by Xu Yin, roasting it on a snowy day, eating chicken with a little wine, not to mention how comfortable it is, the others can only watch it .

  This made them more determined: in the spring of the coming year, they will also raise a few chicken cubs, and they will eat so deliciously during the Chinese New Year!
  ...

  The steam train took the young couple to Yuanshan County without any problems.

  By the time we got out of the train station, it was getting late.

  Cheng Shaojin was worried that she would be tired, and suggested: "Why don't you go to my aunt's house for a night and borrow a bicycle by the way, and I will take you there by bicycle tomorrow." Xu Yin thought about it, and took out

  a cigarette from her luggage bag Smoked hares and a bottle of ben shochu made from sorghum by the villagers of Hewozitun, let him carry them as souvenirs at home.

  Cheng Shaojin snatched the luggage bag with a smile: "I'll take this, and you can carry the wine and the rabbit."

  The daughter-in-law always seems to like to fight for physical work, both in the reclamation team and when she is alone with him.

  He is not a frail young man who can't lift his shoulders or lift his hands. He always feels that she has reversed their genders.

  So, with a bottle of wine in her left hand and a smoked rabbit in her right, Xu Yin followed him to her aunt's house.

  "My uncle is also surnamed Xu, maybe we were in the same family eight hundred years ago."

  "What a coincidence?" Xu Yin smiled happily, "Then I have to ask my uncle to have a good drink."

  Unexpectedly When they arrived at Xu's house, they discovered something even more coincidental——

  Cheng Shaojin's cousin was named Xu Wenfa!

  "Xu Wenfa?"

  "Yes, cousin, have you heard of me?"

  Xu Wenfa asked excitedly.

  My aunt wrote to say that my cousin got married in Beiguan. The news of the marriage was really sudden.

  The brothers and sisters chatted around this topic for many days, wondering what kind of woman could take down her cousin so quickly.

  Xu Yin smiled without saying a word.

  The name Xu Wenfa has not only been heard of, but also occupied.

  If it weren't for the owner of this name, she might not have been able to go to Beiguan or open up the wasteland.

  Turning her head to meet Cheng Shaojin's smiling starry eyes, she returned him a super sweet smile.

  This fate is really wonderful!
  After Xu Wenfa welcomed them into the door, he carried the smoked rabbit and shochu that Xu Yin handed him, and rushed into the kitchen excitedly: "Mother! Mother! Cousin brought his newlywed daughter-in-law to our house, and brought wine and rabbits. It smells so good! Can I eat it today?"

  Xu's mother took the spatula and made a gesture to hit him: "What are you doing! It's the first time your cousin visits our house. If you don't treat me well, what are you doing in the kitchen! My mind is full of eating."

  Xu Wenfa shrank his neck: "I'm going out to entertain."

  "Are you going out empty-handed? The water in the thermos is just boiled, take it out and make a cup of sugar water for your cousin, white sugar In my room."

  "Mother, do you think that if I don't come in, don't you still have to call me in?" "

  ...Stinky boy! You deserve a beating!"

  Xu Wenfa stuck out his tongue, and walked out of the kitchen with a hot water bottle in his hand. Xu's mother took sugar and tea that his father was reluctant to drink from the room, made tea for his cousin, and made a cup of sugar water for his cousin.

  In this era, sugar water can be said to be a very high treatment for hospitality.

  (end of this chapter)