271-280

Chapter 271 The vicious female supporting role flees to farm (21)

  "Benefactor, you deserve it!"

  said He Lanhua's father, He Changxing, who came to Xu Yin's door with a thank you gift a few days ago.

  When it was over, she asked the mother-in-law to bring the two children out to kowtow to Xu Yin.

  Without Xu Engong, the two children still don't know where they would be sold and where they would be exiled.

  Xu Yin hurriedly stopped Father He and directly stated his intention: "I came to ask your family for something." "Please

  tell me, benefactor."

  "I want to buy a batch of herbs, no matter what kind, as long as they are herbs, I will buy them." Accept. Your family lives in the mountains, do you know much about herbal medicine?" He

  Changxing heaved a sigh of relief when he heard that it was herbal medicine: "The boys in my family go up to the mountain every day, and they will pick some good-looking herbs, but they are common. We don't know the uncommon ones. Lanhua, go and take out the herbs."

  After He Lanhua took out the flat basket with the herbs in the air, He Changxing asked Xu Yin: "Grandpa, there are only these at home, do you think it's yours? Need it?"

  Xu Yin glanced at it, and saw a few plants she didn't know, picked them up and was about to ask Father He for advice, when she heard [Ding] and [Ding] twice, the "Chinese Herbal Medicine Illustrated Book" lit up these two herbs in succession ——

  【Kowloon Vine】: bitter, mild, non-toxic; it has the effect of expelling wind, blood stasis, and relieving pain; it can cure rheumatic bone pain and bruises.

  【Five Spice Spathiphyllum】: warm in nature and sweet in taste; it has the effect of relaxing tendons and activating blood circulation, removing wind and dampness, reducing swelling and relieving pain; it can cure rheumatic pain.

  As a result, there are only six kinds of herbs left in the "Illustrated Book of Chinese Herbal Medicine".

  Xu Yin's confidence suddenly increased.

  "Old man, just follow your family's original model. When you encounter common and uncommon herbs, help me pick them up. I will buy them at three times the price of the herbal medicine store." Xu Yin said boldly.

  "No need, no need." How could He Changxing accept the money, "It's just a matter of passing by, benefactor, don't let anyone see you!"

  Xu Yin didn't say any more.

  Anyway, she doesn't like to take advantage of others, wait for them to send herbal medicine, and then look at it.

  After negotiating this matter, they divided the gifts they brought in return between the two families, and the trip came to a successful conclusion.

  That night, I stayed at He's house for one night, and had a very local breakfast the next day before heading home.

  Unexpectedly, before returning, the three sons of the He family had already returned from the mountain, picking a basket of fresh herbs that were still dripping with dew, and also gave her two pheasants caught in the trap.

  Xu Yin gave He Changxing a silver coin.

  "I can't make it!" He Changxing tried his best to refuse to take it.

  "If you don't take it, then I won't take this herbal medicine away."

  "This..."

  "This is a long-term business, not just once or twice." Xu Yin said, "Not only you two, but other people , just pick herbs and send them to me."

  The He family watched her leave gratefully.

  The youngest son of the He family sent them to the foot of the mountain with herbal baskets and pheasants on his back. If Xu Yin hadn't insisted on pushing the cart by himself, he would have taken her all the way home.

  When passing by Ping'ao Village, Xu Yin gave the chief's son a pheasant: "Thank you Brother Fang for leading the way!"

  Without waiting for the other party to refuse, Xu Yin pushed the cart and walked away.

  "Sister-in-law, why do you collect so many herbs?"

  Without outsiders, Erlang couldn't help asking the doubts that had lingered in his heart for a long time.

  "Herbal medicine can cure diseases and save people!" Xu Yin is not lying except that she didn't mention the "Illustrated Book of Chinese Herbal Medicine", "Look at our place, there is no doctor, someone has a headache, it's not easy to go to the doctor's office, let alone It's expensive to see a doctor in a medical center. The people who live with us are all fleeing from the famine and came here. Do you think you can afford to go to a medical center? Although I have never studied medicine, I still have some research on herbal medicine. Simple illnesses , Grab some herbal medicine and decoct it, it is not only convenient but also less expensive. Look at these herbs, they are all ready-made on the mountain. In the future, I will cultivate some uncommon herbs, dry them and store them, so as to save money and seek medical advice everywhere. Are you right?"

  Erlang seemed to understand, and nodded: "Sister-in-law, can I learn from you? After I know it, you don't have to work so hard." "

  Yes! But you have to learn to read first." Speaking Literate, Xu Yin patted her forehead, "I forgot to ask the village head about the private school."

  However, even if there is a private school in Ping'ao Village, it seems inconvenient for Erlang to go there to study, as it is too far away. If it's staying overnight, I think it's too much trouble for the head of the village.

  After thinking about it, Xu Yin said: "Forget it, sister-in-law will enlighten you! Make do with it."

  When she got home, she put this matter on the agenda.

  In view of the need to cultivate the land during the day, the dark lights at night are blind, and lighting candles hurts the eyes, so the enlightenment time is divided into three parts: a three-character
  scripture every day.

  Before breakfast, Xu Yin first taught them how to read;

  after lunch break, she explained the meaning of this sentence to them and recited it with her;
  in the evening, she recited it several times under the gorgeous sunset until it was catchy and she could recite it.

  A sage reads three times a day, while a child from a poor family reads three times a day. No way, I have to work at other times.

  Xu Yin feels that if the two children can persevere, their literacy will definitely improve greatly. Enlightenment can have this effect is not bad.

  When Li Dalang returns home in the spring of next year, let him find a serious teacher for Erlang.

  At first, Erlang thought that Xu Yin didn't know many characters, so he said "make do". After enlightenment, he was stunned...

  "Wow! Sister-in-law, do you know a lot of characters?"

  "Wow! Sister-in-law, do you know all the characters in this book?"

  "Sister-in-law, you are better than the storyteller!"

  "Sister-in-law, you are amazing! I I think you can go to the No. 1 Scholar Examination!"

  The third sister looked at her second brother's exaggerated expression, showing two small teeth and giggling non-stop.

  Xu Yin: "..."

  Is the uncrowned actor going to become the leader of the group?

  ...

  Midsummer is coming to an end, and it will be a bit chilly sooner or later.

  Xu Yin took out the linen cloth she had bought earlier, took a moment to make loose autumn clothes for the two children, and let them cover them outside the single clothes sooner or later, so as not to catch a cold.

  "Sister-in-law, why is there a rope on the trouser legs? Goudan and his trouser legs are not like this."

  After putting them on, Erlang expressed curiosity about the belted trouser legs.

  Xu Yin demonstrated to him: "When going up the mountain and down the field, you tighten the rope, so that the trouser legs will not be loose, bugs will not get in, and it will not be easy to scratch dirty things." "Yes!" Erlang suddenly

  realized He nodded, and then happily ran to find his little partner to show off.

  Xu Yin used rags to tie a bow for Third Sister, and put it on her bun.

  Third Sister was bouncing around in the sun, as if there were two big butterflies on her head.

  Children in this age are so easy to be satisfied!

  Not only children, but also adults.

  Xu Yin feels very satisfied when she can go to the mountain to soak in a hot spring once in a while.

  It may be because it is hard-won that it is so precious.

  In the early morning of this day, while the two children were still sleeping, she cooked the rice porridge and went up the mountain with a bamboo basket on her back.

  Go straight over the mountain, first go to the hot spring lake discovered by Shi Fengnian and others to take a bath.

  (end of this chapter)