291-300

Chapter 291 The vicious female supporting role flees to farm (41)

  The three brothers of the He family came to deliver the herbal medicine for the last time a few years ago.

  Xu Yin gave them the herbs from this trip together with the money for the pepper saplings last time.

  Seeing that there were as many as thirty taels, the three brothers declined with red faces,
  "It's too much! We didn't dig up a few pepper saplings at all."

  Of course Xu Yin knew, but without them, the tall pepper trees on the mountain behind the military camp would not have been dug up. There is no chance to transplant it to her medicine field.

  "No matter what, I have to thank you all! You deserve the money. You have worked so hard for me!" What's more

  , the three brothers also gave her a piece of bezoar, two pheasants, a pair of hares, A pack of dried wild mountain mushrooms.

  Xu Yin was surprised to see Niuhuang.

  This natural bezoar will be a rare thing in future generations.

  Naturally, you can't take it for nothing, but if you give them money, they are determined not to accept it.

  "The taels of silver that benefactor gave us, not to mention buying this ugly lump, is more than enough to buy a cow."

  Seeing that they insisted on not accepting it, Xu Yin wrapped two catties of salt, two catties of soil rock sugar, and two bolts of cotton cloth in return.

  The three brothers had no choice but to accept the offer.

  On the way home, I couldn't help but rejoice that they came here staggered from other mountain farmers, otherwise they would make other people jealous.

  Thirty two!

  In previous years, when they came to celebrate the New Year, they would be overjoyed if they could save a few taels.

  This year I took thirty taels home, not including so many gifts in return.

  "Brother, is this candy worth a lot?"

  "The cloth is also worth a lot."

  "Grandfather is so kind to our family!"

  "Engong is kind-hearted and doesn't want to take advantage of others, but we can't push our feet. In the spring of next year, we will gather more herbs for Engong." "Yeah!" Xu Yin put the bezoar and half

  of

  the herbs sent by the three brothers into the system warehouse, and the rest at home.

  When everyone occasionally came to her with a headache, she would follow the "Complete Book of Jingyue" and "Illustrated Book of Chinese Herbal Medicine" to prescribe the right medicine and let them take it home and decoct it for consumption.

  In the village at the foot of the mountain, many people have been cured by the ascariasis prescription given last time, and they often come to her for prescriptions.

  Before she knew it, she had become a barefoot doctor in the surrounding area.

  But in fact, she has no medical skills at all. Ashamed ashamed!
  ...

  After the sweet potatoes and potatoes were removed, Xu Yin turned over the soil and sprinkled a handful of winter cabbage seeds, which are not afraid of the cold winter, so that they can be eaten one after another during the Chinese New Year.

  Waiting for spring bolting and harvesting, just in time for spring plowing.

  Long-year herbs such as ginseng should be covered with a layer of thatch straw to prevent freezing.

  After finishing all this work, she just stayed at home and rushed to make new clothes for the New Year for big and small.

  Two days before the Chinese New Year, Li Yuanjin took Erlang back home.

  "Is it cold?"

  Seeing that the two of them were cold when they entered the room, Xu Yin hurriedly tongs out the sweet potatoes that were simmering in the stove, covered their hands to keep warm, and went to the kitchen to cook a bowl of chicken noodle soup with pickled vegetables and mushrooms for them.

  Guessing that they should be back in the next two days, they killed a chicken this morning and drank a pot of broth.

  Chicken soup is used as the base, and winter bamboo shoots and mushrooms are added to enhance the freshness, not to mention how delicious it is.

  The two ate with their heads buried in a sigh of relief.

  Xu Yin picked up a chicken leg for Erlang and a chicken wing for Li Yuanjin.

  Li Yuanjin raised her eyebrows: "My lady..."

  Xu Yin didn't wait for him to finish: "There is still a chicken leg for Sanmei to eat."

  "..."

  Li Yuanjin laughed suddenly, and put the chicken wings in front of Xu Yin: "What I want to say is, eat it, lady." "..."

  Li

  Yuanjin insisted on giving it to her, so Xu Yin took it and gnawed on it. Wing Rou asked about the recent situation of the two of them.

  Erlang's life at Master Wen's house was good, with the food and clothes she entrusted the old coachman to bring from time to time, it was not a problem to eat and dress warmly.

  On the contrary, Li Yuanjin looked much worse: unshaven, sunken eye sockets, blisters at the corners of the mouth...

  Xu Yin sighed inwardly, and asked him: "Is the settlement not going well?

  " He sighed, "It's just that there are not enough manpower, and we can't do it. It took more than a month to complete the reinforcement of the embankment of the two villages. The places with large gaps on the mountain were planted with trees according to the mother's words. The sandbags were also sewn. The wall is so high. My lady, can this sandbag really hold back the flood?"

  "The water level does not exceed the sandbag." Xu Yin said.

  Li Yuanjin then decided to go back after the Chinese New Year and continue to summon Huumu soldiers to sew sandbags.

  There are only two bedrooms in the house, Xu Yin sleeps with her third sister, and Erlang has one. Now that his elder brother came back, he would naturally share a bed with him.

  Li Yuanjin watched his daughter-in-law arrange herself clearly: "..."

  Erlang took the third sister out to meet his friends, and there was no third person in the room, so he stretched out his long arms and circled Xu Yin: "Lady, we are already husband and wife." It's gone."

  The beard that hadn't been shaved for a long time rubbed against her neck, itching so much that Xu Yin almost begged for mercy:

  "Hmm, so what?"

  "It's supposed to share the same bed."

  "..." Xu Yin choked for a moment, and then spread out in embarrassment. Spread your hands, "But there are only two beds in the house. If we share one, the third sister can only sleep with Erlang, but seven-year-old men and women have different seats..." "

  I will cut down the tree and come back tomorrow to build a small bed for the third sister." ."

  "..."

  Early the next morning, Xu Yin thought she woke up early enough, but saw Erlang come out of the bedroom looking for his elder brother rubbing his sleepy eyes: "Sister-in-law, where is

  elder brother?"

  "Is he not in the room?"

  "I won't see you when I wake up." He died, maybe I went to practice boxing. Sister-in-law, I will wash my face and review the book first, the master said that the memory is good when I wake up in the morning." "..."

  Children who go to school are different.

  Xu Yin boiled a pot of boiling water first, stocked up enough water for the family to drink that day, and then prepared to make breakfast.

  There was a sound in the yard, she lifted the coarse curtain and went out to have a look, speechless.

  The bear man came back from the back mountain with two thick bamboos on his back.

  "Miss, I thought about it and made a bamboo bed for the third sister, which is lighter than a wooden bed."

  Xu Yin: "..."

  Are you greedy for lightness? You are greedy for speed!
  The corner of his mouth twitched, too lazy to talk to him.

  Tomorrow is New Year's Eve.

  The first big year in this small world, no matter what, you have to live well.

  She was busy in the kitchen for two days, setting up a table for the next generation's regular and extremely sumptuous New Year's Eve dinner.

  "Let's serve! Stewed peanuts with salty hoof, chicken soup with head dish, three kinds of marinated meat, fish every year, pork belly with distiller's grains, and white-cut chicken!" Xu Yin reported the name of the dish while serving the dishes, and finally fulfilled her promise, stewed white-cut chicken At that time, I specially set aside chicken legs and wings, and made fried chicken for Erlang and Sanmei, "How is it? But

  you are still satisfied? " I'm dreaming!"

  "Sister-in-law, there are so many delicious dishes!"

  "I don't know this, this, and this!"

  "Second brother doesn't know each other, let alone I!"

  Xu Yin was amused by the two children: "Sit down and eat! There is still a rice ball in the pot, I will serve it." "

  I will serve it!"

  "I will serve it!"

  The two children volunteered.

  Li Yuanjin led Xu Yin to sit down unhurriedly, then took a long-legged step, squeezed into the kitchen in three steps at a time, grabbed the soup spoon in front of the two children, and glanced at the two of them. "I'll do it!"

  Erlang and Third Sister: "..." Big brother is so childish!
  (end of this chapter)