29

"Tak, babciu... Tak, będę na imprezie Alicji... Jeszcze nie wiem. (Yes, grandma... Yes, I will be at Alicia's party... I don't know yet.)" I wake up somewhere around five am to Y/n's muffled voice outside the bedroom, the door is just slightly open and I can see her speaking on the phone. "Powiedz dziadkowi, że się przywitałam... Też cię kocham. Pa pa. (Tell Grandpa I said hi. Love you too. Bye-bye.)" I don't really register what she's saying, not that I understood it, sounded somewhat Slavic to me but other than that no idea. I decide to turn around and get some more sleep. I feel Y/n slip into bed next to me after a few seconds and she holds me close, both of us falling asleep again soon after.

When my alarm goes at seven, Y/n's grip on me tightens, trying to keep me from getting up. "Please, just five more minutes." She mumbles into my neck and I smile. I love it when she's like this in the morning. Trying to convince me to stay in bed with her for just a few more moments. "I can offer two. Need to be on time today." I mumble back. She only responds by hugging my body even tighter.

Eventually, I have to get up and get dressed. "Who were you on the phone with earlier?" I ask as I pull a shirt over my head. She doesn't respond so I turn around, catching her staring at me. I smirk and she seems to snap out of her trance. "Oh, that was my grandma." She replies easily. I nod. "By the way, is there any way that you can keep November fifth free, it's the Friday in three weeks, I believe?" She asks, turning her head sideways, cocking an eyebrow. "I need to check with Bobby, but as far as I know that shouldn't be a problem, why?" I ask, reaching for some pants.

"Well, my cousin, Alicia is turning thirty, she sent the invites four months ago but I didn't want to push you into it when you hadn't even met my parents yet. I've already accepted and I told her I'd be there but I wanted to ask you if you would like to come with me." She explains, sitting up in bed, running a hand through her hair. It's gotten longer, reaching just below her chin. She mentioned wanting to cut it again.

I smile. The fact that she's willing to introduce me to her extended family makes me happy. "I would love to." I smile. She breaks into a smile as well. "I'll make sure to tell her you're coming with me." She says, getting up from the bed excitedly. She rushes over to me and picks me up, spinning me around and pressing kisses all over my face. I can't help but squeal a bit at the unexpected move.

Eventually, I leave to head to the Haus for the day. I have a meeting scheduled with some of the people from the research team for the make-up line and then I'm gonna meet up with Bobby for lunch, getting some other work done in-between. I hope I have enough time for some yoga after lunch and then probably will head straight back into work. I can already tell that I'm gonna be exhausted in the evening. If there's one thing I dislike about having your own brand and foundation it's all the paperwork.

The meeting thankfully passes relatively quickly, giving me enough time to finish the paperwork for the Born This Way Foundation before I meet up with Bobby.

We plan through the following couple of weeks, scheduling a shoot with Elle magazine as well as an interview the day after. I also let him know about keeping the fifth of November free because of the birthday. I don't remember Y/n saying something about relatives other than her uncle living in New York, so I don't think we will be here for the party and need to stay in a hotel, which also means that we will probably have to fly wherever. I also asked him to keep the fourth and sixth as loose as possible for possible departure and arrival.

I arrive home around eight in the evening, tired. The house is welcomingly warm when I enter. I smell some food cocking as I enter. "I'm home, babe!" I call out to let Y/n know I'm back. I drop my keys into the bowl on the sideboard and leave my heels at the door. I put my sunglasses up my head, holding my hair back.

"Hey, princess." Y/n smiles as I enter the kitchen. I walk up to her and hug her from behind after raising to my toes to give her a kiss. "This smells great," I say, smelling the garlic and bread in the pan, watching the croutons glisten in the oil. "It's nothing big. I figured since we're having some kind of pasta or chicken every day, we could do with some salad." She comments.

Her diet truly is crazy, but I guess being an Olympian athlete requires her to stick to some kind of diet. Hers happens to include lots of noodles and chicken or turkey. While eating Y/n tells me that she had Jonah book a hotel for the party which apparently is somewhere near Chicago. "Okay, you've gotta tell me how your whole family managed to spread over the entirety of North America." I chuckle as she mentions how some of her family is gonna be getting there from some small towns from all over the US and Canada.

"It's not that complicated, really." She laughs. "My great-grandparents came to Canada in the mid-1930s. They had my grandma, obviously, and she met my grandpa here, whose parents came there a year before. My grandma has an older sister, another younger one, and two younger brothers. My grandpa, I don't know, honestly, he hasn't talked to them in some time." She rambles and I smile, I think it's adorable. "Then my grandparents had my mom, my two aunts, and my uncle. My other grandparents obviously had my dad, his two sisters, and one brother, Mark." She goes on to explain. "When all of them had children, we went to school in Vancouver, all of us. It was the same school for us all and we caused a lot of trouble. But back on track, uhm... When we had graduated, some of us went to college and university, pretty much building a life in the cities we studied in and staying there. My cousin Leo and I are the only ones who have been all over the place."  

A/N I honestly don't know what this is but I hope you like it. There's some stuff about my own family in there, altered names, obviously, but yeah.

Love y'all

-L