16

I sit on the couch with Y/n by my side, I can feel the nervous energy radiating off of her. She has been kinda nervous about meeting Elton the past few days and honestly, I can't blame her. I was just as nervous when I met him all those years ago. "It's gonna be fine, baby. You have nothing to worry about." I try to calm her down once again. She's spaced out, staring into nothing while bouncing her leg up and down nervously.

"Baby," I whisper, kneeling down in front of her, trying to pull her out of her trance. "Huh?" She asks, her eyes snapping to meet mine. "It's gonna be alright. You have nothing to worry about." I tell her again and she hums, her leg still bouncing.

A few minutes later, the bell rings and I get up from the couch, pulling Y/n to stand with me. "You got this, baby," I assure her one more time before opening the door.

I greet Elton and David and then crouch down to greet the kids. "You've grown so much!" I tell them, pulling them in for a hug. I can tell that Y/n is still nervous, but she quickly puts on a smile and shakes Elton's hand. "It's great to finally meet you. I've heard a lot about you, I feel like I already know you." He greets her. "Only good things, I hope." She replies, still smiling. "Yes, of course." He smiles back.

As the day progresses, we sit in the garden of Y/n's house and Y/n is playing soccer with the kids. She's such a natural with kids it's amazing. "She's a natural," David comments, observing the interaction between Y/n and the kids. I know that Elijah is the shy one of the two boys, but he seems to have had no problem warming up to Y/n at all. "Imagine what it's gonna be like when you have a bunch of mini you's running around here." He adds and I smile at the thought.

As time passes on, I can see Y/n's confidence growing and she doesn't seem nervous at all anymore. "At what age did you get started with your Athletic journey?" Elton asks Y/n as we all sit at the dinner table that evening. "Well, I've always loved sports and I started training when I was in my teens. My parents didn't exactly like me becoming a successful athlete, but they've come to terms with it." She explains.

"A rebel, I see." Elton jokes and Y/n smiles in response. "I love how you are making a statement when you compete, it's always a joy to watch your races. You're showing people they can be whoever they want to be." He says, admiring her determination.

"Yes, it's truly inspiring."I chime in. "And, of course, it helps when you have amazing talent as she does." I add with a smile. "Thank you, darling." She replies, squeezing my hand, blushing at the compliment.

We continue to chat, Elton and David getting to know Y/n more and sharing their experiences and perspectives. Y/n and Elton hit off, bonding over sports and music, while David and I throw in our perspectives here and there, adding up to an entertaining conversation.

I watch as Y/n hugs the kids good bye, all the running around in the garden had them quite tired in the evening. "It was so nice to meet you, Y/n," Elton says, giving Y/n a warm hug. "It was great to meet you too, Elton. David." She replied, smiling back at him and giving David a hug as well.

I watch the scene with a fuzzy feeling in my chest as I see the appreciation on their faces. I consider Elton, David, and the kids family, so I am glad they get along so well.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" I tease once Y/n and I lay cuddled up on the couch. She chuckles. "No, it wasn't."

"I feel so lucky to have you in my life," I say, looking up at her with a warm smile. She returns my smile, meeting my eyes, a loving expression on her face. "I feel the same, darling. You're everything."

I lean in for a kiss, feeling my heart swell with love as our lips meet. When we pull back, we both smile at each other before settling back into the comfortable embrace.

"I never thought I would find someone who loves me the way you do. With all the people I dated, something seemed off. I don't know. It kinda felt like something was missing." I say, snuggling even closer to Y/n.

"Sounds like all the people before me were pretty shitty." She jokes and we both laugh. "Well, I have to admit, I was pretty intimidated when I met you. Like, the second time I met you because, well, I was a bit slow at the first meet." She says, chuckling. "But now I can't imagine my life without you."

I smile, grateful for her words. We cuddle in a comfortable silence before eventually getting ready for bed.

"I love you, Stefani," Y/n speaks into my neck ponce we lay in bed, her spooning me. "I love you more, Y/n," I reply. I can't wait for next week when we start with all the moving. It's exciting and I couldn't be happier.  

A/N Y'all I know this one's hort and I'm so sorry, I just couldn't come up with more for this chapter. Hope you enjoyed it anyways. 

Love y'all

-L