Chapter 12 - Kidnapping Gone Wrong

Regina's PoV

Where am I?

From the looks of things, I saw I was kidnapped while on my way to the Duboi's territory. Verena seems hurt since she's lying in her puddle of blood. And this carriage, can't they find a decent-looking carriage to bring the second empress on?

"Master- are you okay?"

I should be asking her, though. It seems the kidnapper took a toll on her.

"You should be worried about yourself."

Verena looks down at her wound before treating it herself. As expected from a former commander. Even an injury as significant as that doesn't seem to faze her. Will she be okay, though? She did lose a lot of blood.

"I'm sorry. I was overwhelmed by the amount of people that suddenly charged at us. If I were competent enough, we wouldn't be in this situation."

I waved my hands before looking outside of the window. From the looks of things, this carriage is heading towards a small territory not far from the capital. Is that even wise? The kidnapper should know better than this, right?

"I wonder who would commission such a pathetic group of kidnappers for me."

I find it amusing to see how these people tried to harm me. Can't they think of something way better than this?

"Master, you seem calm. Have you ever been in this situation before?"

I nodded- in my previous life, I'd been kidnapped countless times because of my position as the emperor's strategist. But in this life, the events that are supposed to happen come rather quickly than they should.

I was supposed to be kidnapped the following month after the empire's founding day ceremony. The carriage stopped, and we arrived at our destination. Not long after, a man opened the door and asked me to get out of the carriage. At least he has the decency to be polite to me.

"Where are we?"

I asked while looking around at this old mansion.

"And you should apologize to my knight. You hurt her."

The others started to laugh.

"Who in the right mind would demand an apology from their captor?! The lady must be crazy."

The kidnappers laughed even louder while the one who opened the door for me remained silent.

"Please ignore them, your highness. They're barbarians hired by the lord to take care of this small village. Please follow me."

I nodded and followed the man into the mansion. Verena stayed by my side even though blood started draining from her bandages.

"Is there a way for my knight to have treatment? I wouldn't want her to die on me now."

The man nodded before telling me to enter the room. I gave Verena a nod before asking her to follow the man. As Verena left, I went inside to see the lord of this mansion.

"Your Highness, it's a pleasure to see you. Please forgive me for forcing you to come here, but as you can see, I need your help."

I hummed as the lord and a woman were having sex before me.

"Despicable. Is this how you treat your guest? If you have a sheer amount of respect for me, you should be able to finish this off before I even enter the room."

The lord laughed before he became more intense with his way of making the lady feel good. I look around the lord's room and wonder why he asked those barbarians to kidnap me. I have such a tight schedule, and this is pointless.