Chapter 4 - Verena Faye

Regina's PoV

The empress wasn't kidding when she said she would send the crown prince to learn swordsmanship from me. I was shocked to see the crown prince waiting at the lounge this morning.

"Your Highness, it's a pleasure to learn from you. So, what should we learn today?"

And the crown prince seems excited.

"Endurance training."

The crown prince seems confused.

"If you wish to learn from me, you have to endure all sort of difficulties that comes with it. I did mention to the empress that I won't tolerate any excuses, as you learn. We shall start by running laps. Go."

The crown prince nodded as he started running laps.

"Are you torturing my son? Didn't he have enough endurance training before he picked up the sword? What are you doing?"

Why is Louie here? I feel like this bastard keeps coming to my palace these days.

"I thought you be entertaining the guests by now. Did the empire knights bring a saintess as tribute? Why aren't you all over that woman like you usually do?"

Louie scoffed.

"You're distracting my student. Shoo, go away."

The emperor gasped at how I acted, and the crown prince seemed about to run towards a tree- and he did.

"Get up! Start running!"

The crown prince nodded before he continued to run.

"I can't believe you just did that! Am I just an insignificant fly to you? I am the sun of this empire! How dare you-"

I raise my hand before facing the emperor.

"I admit you're the strongest emperor this country ever had, but did you think you did it alone, your majesty? I'm sorry, but I, too, contributed many things to this country as well."

Louie scoffed.

"All you did was do the paperwork. Don't give yourself too much credit for that."

Somehow that comment made my blood boil.

"Louie, you know full well what sort of things I've endured when your stupidity wage wars against the Holy Land. Don't make me spill everything that's supposed to be our secret."

I release the emperor's collar as Louie gives me his death glare.

"You dare touch the collar of an emperor? What gives you the audacity to do such things to me?!"

Of course, this man doesn't know how much I despise him.

"Because if the empress couldn't do it, someone needs to. I don't need an emperor who will destroy the country everyone works hard to protect. It would be best to remind yourself now and then about your need to stay wise. Don't let any women make you falter."

I think that's enough. I hope he won't make the same mistake as he did before. The saintess- she is not as pure as she seems.

"You seem worried about me being in love with the saintess. Why? Did you hear anything indecent about the woman who possessed the most potent divine power the world has ever seen?"

It's no use in explaining things to this man. It only proves that I seem jealous of that saintess.

"You're a wise emperor- you should know what to do. You've met the saintess; I'm sure you feel something strange whenever she exudes her divine power."