Chapter 6 - Im Taking What Is Mine

Regina's PoV

By now, the guild master must have been contemplating whether to believe or ignore my warnings to him. At first, I thought Verena would be my obstacle, but it turns out she's loyal to her master. Even though I receive significant backlash from my father, I don't particularly mind since I am no longer part of the Duke Dubois family.

Well, that old man must have noticed that I've stopped sending money to the clan as we agreed. And I'm sure in a few days, that man will come here and ask about it. I can't believe I was stupid enough to give half my budget to my family, who doesn't care about me. Even my mother only looks at my incompetent brother.

"Master, the emperor, the empress is here."

Why is Louie here again today? I thought we agreed to meet only meet at the founding day. And he even brought the empress with him.

"Let them in."

Verena nodded before opening the door for the emperor and empress. I offered them a seat while staring at them, waiting for whatever may come at me.

"Are you curious about our presence here?"

I can't say I'm not.

"Yes, I am. What can I do for you two majesties."

The empress sighed.

"Louie married the saintess yesterday in a small ceremony. I'm sure you're aware of that."

I nodded.

"Yes, I am aware. So?"

The empress pinched the bridge of her nose.

"This morning, the saintess greeted me, and she said she wants to take your palace. This idiot of an emperor doesn't want to offend the saintess, so we're here because we want to know if you're willing to give this palace to the saintess and take another vacant palace instead."

Another vacant palace? But the only vacant ones are the empress dowager's palace and the cold palace. Do these two want me to move to the hard court with my daughter?!

"Of course, you'll take the empress dowager's palace."

The empress added. I raised my eyebrow because I didn't expect the empress to let me use the dowager's palace. The only people allowed to stay there is a senior royal members. I-

"You've known me since we're a child. So you're qualified to be part of the senior royal member. And I don't see why that palace has been empty for so long. Besides, the empress doesn't like the interior of the dowager's palace. You should stay there instead."

Wait, I can't believe what I'm hearing right now.

"Empress, you do realize if I moved into the dowager's palace, the nobles would think Louie is making me the main wife. Aren't you scared that I might do something to overthrow you?"

The empress chuckled.

"I'm more afraid that if the saintess moved into the dowager palace, the holy land would take advantage of this. If that woman wields power, none of us would be safe. Even though the saintess is God's favorite, there's a limit to what she can do in MY palace. Not on my watch."

The empress turned to Louie.

"And you, you just couldn't keep your phallus to yourself, huh? You have to let the world know you're amorous."

Louie doesn't retaliate as he listens to what the empress says.

"Mama. Oh- I'm sorry."

Clementine bowed to the emperor and empress.