16~ 'Who Is She?'

Mayuri's POV

"What about a kiss?" I recognized who it was and opened my eyes sitting quickly.

"Prince, you- you were massaging me?" I asked and gulped.

"Yes, of course" he said smirking at me.

"You are good at it" I said, it's unbelievable!

"Thank you" he said and I fixed my dupatta and settle the veil on my head.

"I think, I should take a bath or I will be late for the ceremony" I said and was about to walk out from there but he held my dupatta and pulled it toward him.

I sat on his lap and he held my waist tightly.

"Not until I get my reward" He said softly. I gulped and tried to excuse myself.

"Prince, umm, I have to go and take a bath or I'll get late" I said and started moving on his lap, to get out of his hold. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Don't move" he said in a deep voice and opened his eyes. There was something in his eyes, which can't be described in words. It was something that was giving me butterflies in my stomach, goosebumps all over my body, and shivers down my spine. I have never seen him looking at me like this, it was different, it was like he was undressing me with his eyes.

He brought his lips closer to mine, I gulped and closed my eyes. His breath was fanning over my lips. He was about to kiss me but...

But guards announced that maasa and jiji-sa were coming inside the chamber. I quickly stand up from his lap and came a little forward.

"Mayuri you didn't get ready?" Maasa asked.

"I'm sorry maasa, I was just about to go" I looked down, she must be thinking how bad I am at handling responsibilities, can't even get ready by myself.

"Yes, now go fast and get ready Mayuri" jijisa said smiling at me. I nodded and moved towards the bathroom.

Taking a bath, I moved towards the dressing room wearing all my jewelry back. I wore a beautiful yellow lehenga with heavy embroidery on it.

I came out, and maasa smiled at me.

"Come let's go, put your veil on" she said and I pulled my veil down.

We walked through many galleries. I saw the different paintings of their ancestors, sculptures, and some royal statue that were made of gold.

We walked through a big hall, which I guess was the royal celebration hall of men. And joined to it there was a big door that leads to another beautiful hall but compared to that hall it was small. Many women were sitting there talking and laughing. Some were singing and some young girls were dancing.

As soon as their eyes landed on me, they stopped talking, giggling, singing, and dancing. The hall became silent. Suddenly one of the women said.

"Oh! Come Urmila! We were waiting to see your daughter-in-law!" and again the hall filled with excitement and joy.

I gulped and sat on the couch, feeling nervous.

"Let's start the ceremony!" Maasa said.

One of the women came and pulled up my veil a little bit, she smiled at me and blessed me. She gifted me a beautiful gold choker necklace.

The other woman came and looked at me, she put the veil down and exclaimed, "Urmila you have such a beautiful daughter-in-law!" and gifted me a pink heavy banarasi saree.

And it continued till two to three hours. I got so tired but enjoyed it at the same time.

I looked at the beautiful girl who was dancing with other ladies. She was looking young and unmarried. I have not seen her at the wedding.