2~"Should I be happy or hurt?"

Mayuri's POV

"बाबासा, प्रणाम " touching my father's feet, taking blessings from him, I wished.

Babasa and Mayur just came from Jaipur and told us the good news that Jaipur's king accepted our request.

We all are so happy with this news but there was something wrong, no happiness was found on Babasa's and Mayur's faces. They seem tensed.

My mother, Rani Madhurika, suddenly asked my father," Is everything fine, Raja ji?"

"Jii babas, is everything fine? You and Mayur seem tense." I asked.

Mayur left us there in anger. And now there was something big.

"Speak babas what is wrong?!"

"I'm sorry Mayuri. I'm very sorry, I cannot be a good father to you! I'm sorry..." He broke out in tears and said.

"Babasa why are you saying this, you are always the best father for me," I said softly.

"No Mayuri, I'm a very bad father, a bad-" he sat on his chamber's floor crying miserably.

"What are you saying, what happened Raja ji?! Please tell us!" My mother sat on the floor and started asking my father. She was terrified, very much.

And suddenly my mother asked a minister standing behind my father, "What happened in the meeting?!"

"Umm-umm, Rani ji, it-it was..." He was stammering.

"Just speak!" My mother said in anger.

"Rani ji, Rajkumari Mayuri's marriage is fixed with Jaipur's prince Rajkumar Shushantnu Pratap Singh," he told in a slow voice.

And I shivered badly hearing it, it felt like, my whole world went upside down.

"What?" That's all I spoke from my mouth.

"What are you saying?! How?! Does the king ask it in favor of the grains?" She asked.

"Jii Rani ji," said the minister.

"No. This is wrong!" My mother said and started crying.

"How could you say yes to this Raja ji! How could you?!" she started shouting at my father.

"I'm sorry I don't have any other option, from the previous war between us and Ratangarh, though we won, there was still a huge loss and our commanders aren't even recovered from that and there is a war again, we would have lost the war and our empire. At that time I thought about it as a king, not a father. And I find the best solution for it by accepting the alliance. I'm so sorry." My father said, and I could say by seeing him, that he didn't want to accept it but had to for the sake of our kingdom and people. I could see how much pain he was in.

"What you have done, what you have...I don't want to see you, I'm going!" My mother said in anger and her tears fell from her eyes.

"Madhurika!" My babas shouted and my mother left us there.

"Babasa don't cry, I know and understand that you have taken this step to save our kingdom and people who trust us the most!" I said softly, with tears in my eyes, I have never seen him crying, and seeing this, hurts very much.

"Mayuri, please go to your Maasa first please comfort her, she is very upset. I'm ok. Please" he requested me while tears were flowing from his eyes.

"Jii, babasa, said and ran after Maasa, I don't know where she must be.

"Have you seen Maasa?" I asked the attendees.

"Yes, princess. I saw her going to the royal garden." One of the attendees said.