14~ Leaving for Jaipur

Mayuri's POV

Now it's time for our departure, i met everyone in the empire and greeted them. They blessed me with happiness and a beautiful baby.

Everybody seems upset, my dadisa, maasa-babasa, bhua-sa and even Nayan, Isha and Mayur too, all were crying. I felt so weak looking at them.

"Take care of yourself" maasa said and lastly hugged me.

"Princess,come" the prince said.

He held my hand and pulled me slowly. I walked with him to the palanquin and sat in it. The lifters lifted it up and started moving.

I heard the noises of crying, people and horses who were out there. I peeked outside from the carriage window to see my family and bid goodbye to them. I gulped, trying to control my tears. Smiling at them a little bit, so that they won't worry about me that much.

I got inside and broke out very badly. 'This is so tough'. Soon the visual of them started fading away and we came far away from the empire. I didn't realise when my eyes got closed and I went into a deep sleep while crying.

I opened my eyes as I feel refreshed and quite fulfilled with my sleep. I looked outside and saw that it was early morning but still the sun has not arisen yet. We stopped in between and the lifters put down the palanquin. I heard the prince's voice, he was telling the convey to stop here only, to take a little bit of rest and for eating the breakfast. He was speaking loud enough that it reached to my ears, I got goosebumps as I felt that I am all alone and new here, with new people, new attendees, new soldiers and new empire. I gulped and startled when a hand got inside the palanquin. I recognised the palm and give my hand to his. I got out and settled my veil and fixed my heavy lehenga properly.

"We will soon set up the tents here, you can take a proper rest " he said smiling at me.

I gulped and nodded, feelings nervous about the closeness between us. Out of nowhere I asked him a question.

"Will we both stay together in the same tent" And I swear, I feel regretted asking him this question.

"Ofcourse, we are husband and wife after all. We will stay together, in one chamber and will sleep together on one bed under one comforter" my cheeks heated up as he emphasised the last line. There is a sudden eruption of butterflies in my stomach. Again avoiding him, I gulped and tried to say.

"Umm- umm, I want to freshen up"

"Okay, there is the river, that side. We both will freshen up there only." He said pointing out the river.

'Whattt? What does he mean by we both will freshen up there?!'

"Umm, together?" I tried to ask him.

"Are you asking me to have a bath with you" he said smirking at me.

"No! I didn't mean that, you said that we will both freshen up there. So that's why" i gulped and he chuckled listening to me.

"I meant that we all, maasa (mother), babasa (father), madhav, our family and relatives will freshen up there only" he said.

'Why! I always make myself embarrassed infront of him (I cried internally)'

"Oh" I just want to ran away from here! I stepped back but he stepped forward closer to me. He bend down a little bit and bring his lips close to my ears. My heart beats turned faster that anyone can listen to it clearly.

"If you feel any kind of discomfort please tell me" he said politely and moved away with a smile. Taking his steps back.

He went from there to a group of soldiers and started discussing something with them. I stand there quitely not knowing what to do. I looked at the group of ladies who were making breakfast. Everybody was busy doing their own work. I feel nervous, anxious, scared and what not. I don't know how I will manage in such a big empire. There is no one to comfort me or to motivate me, I looked down at my bangles, touching them. Suddenly I heard a familiar voice calling my name, Sudha?!