14

CHAPTER 14

Jessy was walking down the road to her hostel when she heard someone call her name. She glanced around in search of the caller and her face scrunched up in a frown as she saw the caller. She wondered how she knew her name.
As the lady walked close to her, she forced herself to put on a smile.

"Jessy..." The lady who had a clean brown skin called, "I'm correct, right?"

"Umm... Yeah." She looked at the lady and realised it was the lady that had posed with Bryan in the picture and even held Bryan outside of his class, she wanted to frown at her, but managed to still maintain her smile. She thought about Bryan, and that made her remember that she hadn't called him since they met on Saturday. The lady smiled at her, more like a creepy smile.

"I'm Mabel." She introduced herself.

"Okay... I think I know you." Jessy found herself saying.

"Oh, you should. I'm your bestfriend's fiancee. "The person that saved your reputation." She boasted and that made Jessy automatically dislike her. She knew something was off with the way she possessively called Bryan her fiancee. Like she had expected it. Jessy took a glance at the lady again who was still putting on her creepy smile.

"Okay, then, Miss Mabel. I would like to continue my trip to my hostel. Excuse me." She excused herself and walked away. As she walked, she realised that the lady was following her at her back. She walked faster and the lady also walked faster to keep up with her pace. Jessy shudder in fear at the thought that the lady may be someone that wasn't in her right senses, then she stopped abruptly and faced her. "Why?" She asked.

"Why what?" Mabel asked, confused.

"Why are you following me?" She questioned and Mabel laughed at her absurdity.

"Why am I following you? I am not. I'm also going your way. I need to see my fiance before going to my apartment." Mabel explained, and that made Jessy's heart squeeze in pain.

"Ooohh." Was what Jessy could say in return, she didn't even have the strength to apologise, afraid that she would shed tears in front of her.  It was as if she had been dumped by Bryan, seeing as he didn't even call her for a while now. She continued her short trip to her hostel, walking slower than she had expected. It wasn't long till she reached her hostel and didn't have the mind to enter yet. She wanted to see Bryan badly. She brought out her phone to call him, but stopped when she saw him already coming out and the lady running to hug him. She saw as Bryan also reciprocated the hug and that made tears that had been wanting to drop finally drop out from her eyes. She was in pain. She didn't want to see the rest of their lovey-dovey play so she entered her hostel.

* * * * *

"Why did you call me outside?" Bryan asked Mabel, frowning in anger. He couldn't wait for a month to pass so that he would call off whatever thing they had going on. A month because that was what his father and her grandfather had agreed on. It was also part of the agreement that he would not be seen with Jessy for the one month period and that really broke his heart, but he had to do it for her sake. Once everything is back to normal, he would spend all the time he had with Jessy. Just thinking about Jessy makes him miss her the more.

"Bryan... Bryan, I'm talking to you." He heard her faint annoying voice calling him out of his reverie.

"What? What?" He griped, irritated.

"Ahn ahn, Bryan. Why are you behaving this way towards me?" Mabel complained.

"Mabel, what do you want from me. I don't have time to be with you, I have important stuffs to do before tomorrow, so please say what you want and leave me the heck alone." He exasperated.

Mabel frowned at his statement. He wasn't always happy whenever he was with her, but whenever he was with that childhood bestfriend of his, he was always smiling. What can she do to make him like her before her time runs out. It wasn't easy to get this one month to be his fiancee and she has to make sure everything she had planned go well.

"You see, you are not also happy being with me. Mabel, this is for the better, let's just be on our own until the one month is over, huh? You aren't happy being with me also, right?" Bryan asked desperately, hoping for a positive answer from her.

"You could have accepted my request to go on the three dates first. If you had accepted it then, you wouldn't have to be stuck with me. You see, if I want something, I must have it. And I want you, Bryan, and I would do everything in my power to get you. This is just the beginning." She threatened.

The day Bryan had rejected her, she felt heartbroken and bad. She wasn't heartbroken because he had rejected her, she was heartbroken because he rejected her proposal, for just three dates. Three fxcking dates. She was angry, so she had a very sweet idea. To fxck him up. To make him beg her for the dates, but it hasn't happened yet, but he was still stuck with her for a month, whether he liked it or not. He was stuck. For a month without seeing his so called childhood bestfriend and that made her content.

"The beginning indeed. Mabel-"

"Bryan, " she interrupted him, not wanting him to say what he had wanted to say. "Remember that you are not supposed to see her until this agreement is terminated, right?"

"And so far, I have kept my promise. And just so you think, I'm not stuck with you for this one month, I can decide to not meet with you, if I liked. We mustn't be together, and if you ever stick by me during classes, God knows what I will do to you, and don't make me terminate this agreement as fast as I can. Mabel, be warned. I know you, and I know you planned all this. Yes, you've won this round, but you don't know who will win the next round. Be warned."

"If you don't agree to go on a date with me, Bryan. I would make her life a living hell. Try me."

"Don't touch her, Mabel. If you do this time, I won't take it easy on you. Leave her alone. I repeat, leave her alone!"

"Then go on a date with me. No, go on five dates with me before the end of our one month agreement."

"I won't. This..." He pointed at the two of them, "this agreement, I didn't make it with you, nor your grandfather, this agreement was between my father and your grandfather, and if I feel like terminating it, I would, but I'm just doing it for her. Not because I'm scared of terminating it or something. It's not like the termination fee would break a bank or something. I personally, can pay the termination money. So be warned, and don't ever threaten me, infact, I don't want to see you with her, if I do, that will be the end of whatever this thing we have going on." He threatened and made his way back to his hostel.

He felt happy as he said that, that would make her stay away from Jessy and he was happy with that. If he had known that the Mabel that was written in the contract was the same Mabel that did that to Jessy, he wouldn't have agreed to it, it was until the next day when he saw the post, that he saw her picture and then he was annoyed. He was just grateful that the termination fee wasn't that much and it was something that he could handle without feeling that money had gone out of his account. He guessed Mabel didn't think that he would threaten her about the termination of the contract. He made her have her way and he also made her think that she had the upper hand, when in reality, he was the one with the upper hand. He could make them or break them. It was up to him.

As he reached his room, he fell on his bed and brought out his phone to call Jessy. It has been long that he had heard her sweet voice and had also seen her, well except for the time he had secretly watched her, hoping she was fine. The agreement didn't say he couldn't call her or video call her, right?