10

This chapter is dedicated to S_marty_ for her ever-so-wonderful comments! Thank you so much babe. I really do appreciate 💞💞💞

SUNDAY, 2:22 P.M

It had been a long time since he saw his maternal grandma. Bryan made up his mind that he would visit his aunt today, along with his cousin Emerald, and Austin.

"Mom, I'm going out." He yelled while wearing his snickers.

"Where to?" Rose asked from the kitchen.

"To grandma's place." He replied.

"Oh, it's true, I forgot to tell you, your grandmas went on a vacation."

"Since when?" He asked, surprised. No one told him anything about that.

"Oh! That was like about a month ago, it's not our fault when you decided not to come back home, your school is like forty minutes away from home and you can't make time to come back home."

"What of when I called home, no one still told me anything about that." He said.

"Well, we forgot." Rose said curtly.

"Then I just need to go to aunt Diam's house, let me visit Emerald and Austin, along with Uncle Richard."

"Why not take your siblings along, also take your car, it would be convenient for you guys." She suggested.

"Alright, mom. Joy! Joyce!" He called out to his siblings.

"I'm not going!" Shouted Joyce from inside.

"Me either!" Joy said also.

"Alright! Mom, I'll be going myself, and I'll also take my car." He said. His father had gifted him the car when he was in his second year at the university and he had refused to take it to school because he wanted to live a quiet life. Unlike his father, who was a wild young man in his university days, Bryan was a gentleman. He didn't believe in having different girls all over his arms, or girls warming his bed. Heck, he was still a virgin, which he was afraid to tell other people, especially Jessy who thought that he had slept with series of girls in their secondary school days.

* * * * * * * * * * *

He rang the doorbell in his aunt's house and the door was opened by their housekeeper.

"Oga Bryan." She greeted him.

"Hey, Angela, how are you?" He asked, out of courtesy.

"I dey fine sir." [I am fine sir.]

"Where is..."

"Oh, Madam, she dey inside, them just return from church sef." [She is inside,  and they just returned from church].

"Ahn ahn, by this time? What were they doing in church all these while?" He asked, confused.

"E be like say dem dey do one program for their church today sha, I no really know. Abeg, oga Bryan, please come inside." [It is like they did a program in their church today,  I don't really know. Please, boss Bryan, come inside.] She opened the door wide so that he would enter.

"What about Emerald, and Austin?" He asked as he entered the living room.

"Them dey their room. Make I go call them." [They are in their room. Let me go and call them.] She ran up the stairs to call the attention of Emerald and Austin.

"Bryan! How are you?" Was the voice of his one and only Aunt Diamond.

"Aunt Diam!" He hollered.

"My Bryan, how are you?" She asked him, hugging him slightly.