3

CHAPTER 3

BETHEL UNIVERSITY
OUTSIDE 2009 RESTAURANT
11:23 P.M

"Then why didn't you?" Jessy quizzed.

That got him. He stopped walking abruptly and turned to face her. He stared into her eyes, "I don't have anything to lose if I don't correct her, but I will have a precious thing to gain instead." He replied, then smiled and shuffled her hair as if he didn't just almost confess his feelings to his best friend.

Jessy smiled, a flush crept on her face as he shuffled her hair which was braided. Truthfully, she had always had a crush on Bryan since they were small, and it has never faded. It was still there, hidden deeply in her heart, afraid to confess it to him so as not to spoil their relationship. She had witnessed Bryan with different girls and had secretly watched him as he dated them all. She had hoped someday that Bryan would notice her, not as his best friend, or childhood friend, but as a lady. A lady he cares deeply for.

"And what is that precious thing?" She asked him, amused.

"Umm... Jessy? The time is already getting too late, let's go back." He deflected, obviously trying to change the topic.

Jessy knew what he was trying to do, but she overlooked it.

"Yeah, let's go." She agreed. They strolled back to the front of her hostel, "Thanks for the food."

"Uhh... Seriously Jessy?" He asked, confused. To him, buying food for Jessy was a normal thing, so her thanking him, was a weird thing.

She shrugged, " I'm just thankful to you for everything, not only for the food."

"See you tomorrow?" He asked, instead of stating.

"See you tomorrow." She confirmed. As she turned to go, Bryan held her arm, stopping her. She looked at him with confusion in her eyes.

"No goodnight hug?" He inquired. Her mouth curved into a smile and then she hugged him.

"Goodnight, Bryan."

"Goodnight, Jessy."

She waved at him one more time before turning to enter her hostel.

* * *

RACHEL'S HALL
ROOM 202
11:27 P.M

As soon as Jessy entered the room, she sighted Jessy who was shamelessly lying in her bed. Anger sipped through her veins as she saw this. She matched to her bed and tapped Lizzy hastily. Lizzy opened her eyes and smiled at her.

"Babe, you're back," Lizzy said, smiling.

"Yeah, I'm back. I want to sleep, leave my bed." Jessy ordered. Lizzy frowned a bit, then stood up for her.

"What's wrong, you seem angry?" Lizzy asked her.

"I seem angry? I'm not angry." Jessy said, then snorted.

"Babe, what's wrong, you can tell me." Lizzy persuaded which made Jessy glare at her.

"Leave me!" She snapped, then calmed down, refusing to show Lizzy how angry she was, "I'm just tired, I'm sure by tomorrow I'll be fine."

"Ooohhh... No probs, then." Lizzy stood up to get her foldable bed that was on the top of the cupboard.

As Jessy was about to lay on her bed, she noticed a phone vibrate on her phone. Thinking it was hers, she searched for it, and found that it wasn't her. She was about to tell Lizzy to take her phone when the phone vibrated again, and this time she saw the message that was sent on WhatsApp from Jaybae😍. It read;

'Babe, I'm so happy I finally listened to you and broke up with that good for nothing, Jess...' She couldn't read the rest because her phone was locked. But she was so sure that it was Jayden's text and the person he was referring to as good for nothing was her. That made rage fill her heart for Lizzy the more. She then lay on her bed, leaving the phone where it was, pretending as if she didn't even notice the phone was there. Soon, she felt Lizzy taking her phone from the bed, then she heard Lizzy laughing.