Making Clowns of the World

Chat Noir groaned as he slowly sat up from the unsteady pile of rubble collected at the center of the gym

Chat Noir groaned as he slowly sat up from the unsteady pile of rubble collected at the center of the gym. He had no memory of what had happened, but he was fully aware he was still fragile and made of glass. All the lights in the school were out, capsizing him in a dark hazy world where the only source of light came through the dimness of the sky above him through the open roof of the gym. The bells decorating his jester outfit jingled obnoxiously, alerting anyone who was there in that somberly quiet ruin that he was up and moving. He couldn't remember if Reflekta was in the school or if she still remained outside. He couldn't remember if he'd evacuated the students or not. He didn't know how he got there, or why there was so much rubble.

"Chat Noir?! Is that you?" Ladybug suddenly appeared over him. He could only recognize her by her spotted circus outfit, for she too had become made of glass. Her hair was tucked into a jester's hat with two long red and white bulbous floppy "ears."

"Huh?" Chat Noir felt like his head was splintered into a million pieces.

"It's you! Oh my god, I found you!" she said, tackling him into a hug. "I heard you summon ruination, and Queen Bee said Pollen strictly warned you not to because it could kill you but, you're alive! You're alive!"

"I don't remember anything," Chat Noir admitted. "Was I badass while doing it though?" he asked with a slight snicker.

"I-" Ladybug burst out laughing, though eerily, her mouth didn't move at all. "I'm sorry Chat Noir, it's hard to take you seriously when you look like this! It's just so-"

"Quit clowning around!" Chat Noir joked.

"Oh my god stop-" Ladybug said, hardly able to stop laughing at him.

"Ok, on a more serious note, what's going on?" Chat Noir asked, sitting back up with Ladybug.

"Reflekta managed to get most of the student body," Ladybug reported. "Some students who fell victim sustained injuries. I hope those cracks won't do anything to them when we make them human again, but I don't want to get my hopes up. How are you though? You destroyed like... all of the stairs and the dance floor to catch Refelkta and I have been searching for you for ten minutes now!"

"Yeah, I don't remember any of that," Chat Noir said, "but I'm ok. Looks like Pollen's concern was for nothing!"

"Alright, let's get you on your feet," Ladybug said, standing up and offering him a hand. Chat Noir brought his hand to hers, but before they could even touch fingertips, something went wrong. A pain shot up his arm feeling like bone grinding against bone and before he knew it, his glass hand fell off, landing in the rubble with a delicate little clunk. Ladybug's horrified silence spoke a thousand words.

"Did I just..." Chat Noir brought back his arm, his eyes scouring his forearm where his arm had cleanly broken off. The pain of it was gone.

"I- I-" Ladybug began making sounds of heavy breathing before letting out a terrifying scream. She stumbled backward, tripping over her ridiculous curved shoes and falling on her butt. Chat Noir couldn't make a sound.