Alix's Conundrum

The gaming tournament was canceled. It was "too dangerous" to continue with all the high running emotions that would spawn from it, causing potential akumas that the schools did not want to be responsible for. This was a huge downer in Fracios Dupont, but to get by, a lot of the students had decided to form a friendly gaming after school club which Max got to be the president of. So things were somewhat ok.

Alix was in a grumpy mood today. For a fundraising event that was being put towards their graduation celebration, the class was going to be selling pamphlets to tourists at the Louvre. Alix's brother and father both worked at the Louvre... and this had Alix in particular... unwelcoming mood. Apparently, her brother, Jalil, was too "nerdy" for her taste and her dad was a real bore. She didn't want to be associated with them. They'd ruin her punk rock vibe.

Marinette and Alya had snuck off with Alix somewhere. Marinette would NEVER ordinarily hang out with Alix, but her temper had been so out of control that morning, she was afraid the pink haired girl would get akumatized if she didn't stick around to keep her calm. Alix knew the Louvre like the back of her hand. Everything, actually, she had memorized.

Alix was currently rambling about some nonsense that neither Marinette nor Alya understood whatsoever. It was clear that she was peeved with something. And like icing on that disaster volcano cake, Alix received a call.... From her father.

"Hold on, I'm getting a call," Alix said, pulling her phone from her pocket. Marinette was sure Alix nearly exploded when she saw her dad's icon. She answered it with aggravation. "What do you want?"

"Could you come down to the Egyptian entry hall? We have some advertisements for the documentary presentations happening today that we'd like help from your class with," Marinette heard Alix's dad say.

"Really? But Julil will be down there!"

"He works in the Egyptian department, Alix, what do you expect?"

"I don't want my classmates to see him! He's so-"

"Enough, Alix. This is for your fundraiser. Hurry on now." He hung up. Alix made some more bitter remarks, clenching her phone so hard it might break.

"I hate the Egyptian department," Alix seethed. She dragged Alya and Marinette down with her till they found a grand entrance to a spacious part of the museum. Up ahead was a wall with a giant image of a tomb where a mummy would be placed. Above it read "Pharaohs" in large golden print. Along the walls of the hall sat several Egyptian black cat sculptures that read Sekhmet–the lioness goddess–in little gold plates beneath the platforms in which they stood upon.

When they neared the tomb portrait the hall spread out. It was rather empty at the moment, as the museum had only opened twenty or so minutes ago. Marinette thought the place was beautiful. A massive stone plate depicted gods sending offerings to the goddess, Iris, to their right. Along the wall next to the stones was an Egyptian scroll containing hundreds of tiny hieroglyphics. Little podiums about the entrance contained small Egyptian artifacts, while closer to the back, larger findings were placed, some in glass tombs such as a Pharaoh's staff placed in the center. Around each corner of the room, massive statues rose high above, barely having enough room to fit under the ceiling. The statues were that of the gods Seth, Orsis, Isis and Horus.

"Alix!" someone exclaimed, shoving Marinette aside to get to the pink haired girl. Marinette toppled over, not expecting the sudden shove.

"Julil!" Alix grit her teeth. It was her older brother, frantic and chaotic in nature. "Have respect!" She helped Marinette to her feet.

"What?" Julil raised a brow.

"You just shoved my friend over!" Alix exclaimed.

"Ohhhhhh," Julil's blue eyes landed on Marinette, "I'm sorry, I didn't see you."