Tired

Requested by: estellaaax :)

There was no denying that Pedri had been working hard for the past few months. He had been involved in every game and never missed training; sometimes he would go earlier and come back later just to please himself and everyone else around him and let them know he was serious about his job.

You are proud of him; there's no doubt about that. He's a hard worker, and he cares about his team, and even if you love him for that, you can't help but feel concerned for him at times.

Maybe a lot of people didn't notice because he's good at hiding it, but you're his girlfriend, and you can read him like a book. You know when he's tired, you know when he's distracted, you know when something is bothering him, and you feel guilty that he tries to hide the fact that he's tired, especially from you.

He had just finished a game, and you were waiting for him at home. You had made food, knowing he would get home in time for dinner, and that he was going to be hungry after a big game like this one.

You heard the door unlock and shut afterwards. You walked over and saw Pedri take his shoes off and put his bag down on the floor. "Hola, amor," you said, pulling him into a hug, which he leaned into.

"Hola," he said, happy, but you could tell it was forced.

"You played so well, you must be tired." You leaned back from the hug and cupped his face.

"I'm not," he said, shaking his head before placing a kiss on your lips.

"Are you sure?" You asked him.

"Yeah," he nodded with a weak smile.

"I made dinner; we can go eat, then you can take a bath; I'll help you," you suggested.

"You don't have to help me, amor; you need rest too."

"But I want to." You smiled at him. He gave in and placed a kiss on your forehead before you both headed to the kitchen.

"I made your favorite pasta dish," you said with pride as you handed him his plate. He took a seat and grabbed the plate with a smile. "It looks delicious; thank you."

You took a seat next to him with your plate, and you both decided to watch something on the TV while eating. You noticed him rubbing his eyes now and then and yawning a lot. You knew he was tired, but he was too stubborn to admit it.

"Ready for a bath?" You asked after you both finished eating.

He looked at you and nodded. You decided to wash the dishes later, deciding to prioritize Pedri right now. You both headed to the bathroom, and you prepared the bath. "Can you join me?" He asked you.

"Of course," you said, nodding with a smile.

You placed a bath bomb inside the bath and took all your clothes off, as did Pedri. You went in and leaned back against the tub. "Lean back against me," you encouraged him as he took a seat between your legs.

He did as you said; he rested his back against you, and you placed your arms in front of him, rubbing his chest and down his stomach, making sure to give him some comfort and calmness.

His eyes were closed while his head was leaned back, and you took the opportunity to just admire him and look at him. You could never get tired of that.

It wasn't every day you and Pedri could spend the evenings like this. You both have hectic schedules, but that doesn't stop either of you from taking these small chances and do something nice together.

"Pedri?"

"Mhm," he mumbled, eyes still closed.

"How are you? Really?" You asked, hoping he wouldn't lie to you.

"I'm ok, bebè," he said as he began rubbing your leg under the water.

"Don't you feel exhausted? Playing all these games and not getting a rest?" You asked him with a soft voice, trying to prevent provoking him if he didn't like where the conversation was going.

"Sometimes, but it's my job," he shrugged, not wanting to complain.

"I know, I just get worried sometimes. You're overworking yourself, and I'm just scared you're going to collapse with all the tiredness one day," you admitted.

He turned his head slightly, looking at you. You looked down at him, and he brought his hand to your cheek, caressing it softly. "I'm sorry, Amor; I never meant to worry you."

"It's ok," you smiled at him softly, "just please, if you're tired, you don't have to hide it from me. I want to take care of you."

"You're the best thing that has ever happened to me," he smiled, causing you to blush.

You hugged him around his neck and placed a kiss on his cheek. You both sat there for a few more minutes before taking a shower. You helped him with that too, and you could tell he was grateful for it. He couldn't stop thanking you.

"Pick a movie, and I'll bring a few things to eat," you told him after you both had gotten changed into pajamas. You both had decided to watch a movie before going to sleep and just cuddle in bed; that was the best cure for anything at any time.

You headed downstairs to the kitchen and quickly put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher. You then brought out some fresh fruits and his favorite snacks, along with drinks. You put them on a tray and headed upstairs again.

"Picked a movie?" You asked as you placed the tray over the bed and the covers.

"Yup, get in bed," he said, patting the spot beside him.

You chuckled at his eagerness and went under the covers next to him. He played the movie, and you both enjoyed it with the snacks you brought.

It didn't take long before Pedri was dozing off to sleep. You noticed him opening and closing his eyes, trying to stay awake, but he was tired.

"It's ok, baby, go to sleep," you encouraged him as you put away the tray.

"Cuddle me," he mumbled as he dragged you close to him. You laid down properly and let him rest his head on your chest with his arms around your torso.

"I love you; thank you for taking care of me," he mumbled against your chest.

"I love you too. You don't need to thank me; it's my job." You placed a kiss on top of his head, slowly falling asleep with him.