Surprise

Your plane just landed in Barcelona. This is the place you came to last year to study Spanish for the entire year, and while that happened, you also met someone very special, whom you today call your boyfriend.

You and Pedri had mutual friends before you met, and, long story short, it was love at first sight. You had exchanged numbers, and for the entire year, you had made unforgettable memories.

After the year had passed, you had to go back to your country; that was two months ago. You and Pedri knew that you had to work it out over such a long distance. It hasn't been easy, but it's been working better than expected.

Recently, the two of you have been so busy that you've only managed to have face time before heading to sleep or send quick texts throughout the day. You had been watching his games from home, and he never failed to make you proud. At times, you and him talked about you coming to his games to watch him play.

You hadn't been to Camp Nou, not even that whole year of being together due to privacy. He would always bring it up, letting you know how he couldn't wait for the day you watched him play live.

Those words hit you all the time, and you wanted nothing more than to support him from the stands. In fact, you had been thinking so much about it that somehow you got lucky all of a sudden.

You managed to catch a break from university for about a whole week, and your first thought was to go back to Barcelona and surprise your boyfriend. Of course, you couldn't do this on your own, so you actually got help from his family that you have become very close.

Pedris' parents and brother were picking you up from the airport to take you and themselves all the way to Camp Nou for the Barcelona game. You weren't tired at all; you were excited, especially to see Pedri play and finally get to hug him afterwards.

You put on the Barcelona kit that Pedri had given you a while ago; you always wore it when watching his games from home, but now you were here, all the way up in the stands, and your eyes were always set on Pedri. He was playing like it was his last game; he always played like that. The score was still 0-0, but Barcelona was starting to get better in the second half.

You could see Pedri always sprinting and creating chances. He eventually received the ball inside the box. You and his brother Fernando were eagerly watching Pedris' actions, watching him shoot the ball.

"COME ON PEDRITO!" Fernando yelled as the ball was shot at the net.

When the ball hit at the back of the net, the stadium exploded in cheers. Fernando and you punched your fists in the air with excitement, and his mom and dad pulled you and Fernando into a group hug out of happiness. This couldn't have been more perfect.

The game had ended with Barcelona winning, and as the stadium emptied out, you and the Pedris family were sitting in the stands waiting for him to finish his interview. He still had no idea you were there.

Eventually, when he had finished the interview, he looked up in the stands, knowing his family was there, but this time he was surprised with something he didn't expect.

You looked down at the pitch, catching eye contact with him. His shocked face expression made you giggle, and before you knew it, he was running up the stairs and pulling you into a hug like his life depended on it.

"I missed you so much, Bebè," was the first thing he said as he picked you up and spun you. He was careful because there wasn't a lot of space in the stands.

"I missed you too, mi amor," you said as he placed you down. You cupped his face and pressed a kiss on his lips.

"When did you come? Why didn't anyone tell me?" He asked all these questions as he looked at you and his family, who were watching the two of you from a distance.

You couldn't help but laugh at his shocked state. "I took a week break and I'll be here until next Saturday." You caressed his cheeks as you calmed him down from excitement.

"Really? You're staying for a week?" He asked, needing you to reassure him. You giggled and nodded with a smile on your face.

He hugged you again, wanting to be in your arms after two months apart. "I'm so proud of you, Pedri, te amo," you mumbled against his shoulder as you kept hugging.

"Te amo mas, mi amor," (I love you more, my love) he leaned back and placed a kiss on your forehead. "And that shirt," he winked, causing you to laugh against his chest.