"Nope." Annie responds curtly.

"And you're okay with everything?" Ellie keeps her tone soft, welcoming—but Annie probably doesn't see it as welcoming. Annies face twists into an expression of anger and maybe sadness, too. "Look, Anne—I'm just worried about you."

"Don't be, I'm fine." Annie says, sighing heavily. After a few silent seconds, she speaks up again. "It's just... weird, you know? I used to talk to Riley and even see him everyday but now? He's gone and it's weird."

"It must be. Maybe, and don't take this the wrong way, but maybe you should feel your emotions instead of keeping yourself from feeling them." Ellie says and waits to see what Annies reaction may be. Will she flip out? Cry? Continue on acting like everything is fine?

"I probably should, but that just makes it all too real." Annie sits down at the table, her eyes glisten in the dim light. "I think part of me has just been pretending that he isn't actually missing and hes just busy or something. His parents have been calling me these past few days and I haven't responded. I feel like a bitch."

"I'm sure they more than understand, but maybe talking with someone like them, people who completely understand what you're feeling, will help you?" Ellie suggests with a tiny shrug. "But also, don't do anything you don't feel like doing."

"You should be a therapist, Els." Annie jokes halfheartedly.

Ellie chuckles. "I think I'm too fucked up to be a therapist."

"Yeah, same." Annie says while standing up from the chair. "Well, I think we should change the subject; Did your Italian man ever respond?" Not wanting to talk about her missing boyfriend, Annie wants to focus on something else.

Ellie swallows the breakfast food in her mouth before gasping a "What?"

"Yeah, remember? I suggested we text him again and you finally agreed." Annie explains.

Ellies complexion pales. "Oh no..." She mumbles. "What did we say?"

"Umm, I don't know. Check." Annie shrugs.

"You do it, I don't think I can." Ellie holds her phone out towards Annie, already feeling too embarrassed to even check the texts herself.

Annie grabs the phone enthusiastically, she unlocks it with an unfathomable speed and opens the messages that were shared with Demetri. A loud laugh escapes from her mouth almost immediately. "Wow." She says in between laughs.

Ellies cheeks are bright red, despite her not even knowing what was said. "Is it bad? Its horrible, isn't it?" She asks.

"Its..." Annie tilts her head to the side, "something. Definitely something. Do you wanna know?"

"Can I roll a blunt first?" Ellie mumbles her question.

"No. Here it is;" Annie takes a deep breath. "hey demetri, why're you so hot?" She relays the message and Ellie feels like dying. "And then; you should come to seattle and stay in my bed."

Ellie, whom feels completely horrified, holds her face in her hands. "Did he answer?" She asks, her words muffled by her hands.

"Nope." Annie places Ellies phone back down on the table. "But you better let me know when he does."

"I'm gonna jump out the window." Ellie groans.