Chapter 43

Jess' pov

"Now he's acting like nothing happened between them." I said, playing with the cup in front of me.

"Have you tried to talk to him?" Jeremiah asked, trying to figure out the whole story I just told him.

Today was the last day of our final week and I could finally say that it was over.

It was a long, tiring week, but we survived it fortunately.

After the test Jeremiah and I decided to grab some coffee and spend some time together, since we both only focused on school the past weeks.

The sun was out as we both sat outside a cafe, drinking our drinks.

Well, I was drinking my coffee while Jeremiah decided to have a second breakfast of the day.

"I did. But he doesn't want to talk about it." I paused, taking a sip of my drink.

"Then let it go. Let them sort it out." He said.

"You don't have to help everyone, they're grown enough to do this themselves."

"I know." I sighed, "But they're my friends."

"You figured things out on your own." He said, pointing his fork towards me.

I shook my head.

"It's great, try it." He said, making me open my mouth to taste it.

"But Jared's not into relationships, is he? And Isabel knows this." He continued.

"Yeah." I said, "Let's talk about something else, please? I'm getting tired of it."

"My cousin is going to visit us next week. She's going to stay for a couple of weeks."

"Oh really?" I asked surprised, Jeremiah never really talked about other family members besides his parents. "That's great."

"Yeah, her parents are leaving the country and they didn't want her to be on her own. She's really fun to hang out with, so I'm kinda glad she's staying with us."

"You never told me about her."

"She lives in another city, we barely see each other. Do you wanna meet her?"

His question caught me off guard, "Seriously?"

"Yeah, why not? I think you'll like her." He looked at me, waiting for me to say yes.

"Oh, I'm sure about that, but do you think about telling her about us?" I asked.

"Only if you want to." He said, "I wanted to talk with you about that anyway."

"About what?"

"Us." He said, making my heart skip a beat. "I was thinking of telling our friends, so we don't have to hide things in front of them."

"Oh." I said.

I wasn't sure if that was a good idea to be honest.

I liked to keep our relationship just between us without anyone knowing.

Maybe I was scared that my friends would judge me for dating Jeremiah considering our past and parents.

"So it's a no."

"I don't know, Jere." I said being completely honest.

"It's just-" I paused for a moment, trying to find the right words, "I think I'm scared."

Jeremiah's gaze softened the moment the words left my lips.

"It's okay, I get it." He said, "I'm not going to force you to do anything, but you don't have to be scared."