Chapter 24

Jess' pov

Our night was going well. Everyone was having fun.

We danced, talked and drank together.

It was fun.

I was dancing with Jared.

He spun me around as he sang along with the song that was currently playing.

It was the best decision to go as Jared's date, he always knew how to make things more fun.

He hasn't left my side since the start of the night.

After dancing on a few more songs, I gave up and told Jared I was going to get something to drink.

As the rest of my friends were dancing with each other I walked towards the table where all the snacks and drinks were.

Everyone was able to take whatever they wanted from the table.

As I walked towards the table I saw Jeremiah also being there as he poured.

"Hey." I say, placing my hands on his back as he turns his head with a confused expression over his face.

"Oh, hey." He said. "Didn't see you."

"Yeah, I could see that." I chuckled.

He chuckled too, "You want something?" He asked, showing his cup.

"Yes, please."

He handed me his cup, as he started pouring himself a new one.

"Thanks." I said, immediately taking a sip of my drink.

"Are you okay?" I asked, looking at him.

I haven't really seen him until now, only the few moments when Hope forced him to dance with her.

"Yeah, why?" He asked, now looking back at me.

I shrugged, not knowing what to say.

"I don't know." I said. "I just felt like asking."

I felt his gaze on me as I was looking at the dance floor, watching people.

"Never thought that Jessica Jones would ask me if I'm okay. Is the world ending today?" Jeremiah couldn't hide the smile on his face.

"Yeah, after this I'll never ask you again." I rolled my eyes, also trying not to smile.

Then it became silent between us.

We both said nothing, as we just watched other people having fun.

But it wasn't an awkward silence.

"Guys!" Hope called, struggling with her high heels.

We both looked in her direction as she walked over to us.

"What are you doing here? We're not here to just stand and do nothing!" She said, taking Jeremiah's hand.

"You're the most boring date ever, Jere." She said, rolling her eyes.

"I'll make it up to you." Jeremiah said, putting his arm around her shoulders.

"Let's go, Jess." Hope said, turning to me.

"I need to go to the bathroom, I'll be there in a minute." I said.

I had to go to the toilet because of all the drinks I've had with Jared.

I also told Jared I would be back in a few minutes, he offered to come with me but I told him I would be fine.

I could hear the music in the distance as I entered the toilets, no one else was here.