Chapter 12

Jess' pov

School was over and me and Cam met up with everyone else at the parking lot. I've told him everything that happened during biology.

"Hey guys." I said.

"Hey Jess." Jared said with a smirk.

I gave him a look to shut him up, but it didn't work.

"Is it true?" Lauren asked with a shocked expression on her face.

"Guys, it's not." I said annoyed. "And it will never happen, so stop believing everything Jared says."

I got a text from Jeremiah.

I rolled my eyes and responded to him, we were gonna work on the project tonight. My parents were out of town for a conference, so we decided to do it at my place.

"Sure, if it's not true you wouldn't mind telling us who you are texting." Jared said.

"We have to work together, remember?"

"So where are you guys doing it?" Isabel asked.

"Probably in his car, you know how Jess is." Jared winked, referring to something that happened in the past.

"Okay, I think this is enough." Cam said. "We should go home and work on the project."

"We have like three weeks, we don't have to start now." Lauren said, rolling her eyes, "I really don't wanna work with that Faith girl."

"Faith is a sweet girl, don't judge people before you know them." I said

"Hey, did I miss something?" Chris joined us.

"You always do." Jared said. "Anyways me and Scott are going out tonight so if anyone wants to join us we'll be leaving at 9."

"Where are you guys going?" Isabel asked.

"I don't know, Scott's picking out the place." Jared looked over at Chris and Cam. "There will be a lot of girls."

"We'll let you guys know." Chris said, giving Cam a look that says 'there's no way we're going'.

"Well, have fun tonight. See you guys tomorrow." Lauren said and walked over to her car.

"Can you guys give me a ride? My car didn't start this morning." Isabel asked.

"You can come with me." Jared said "I can warm you up in the backseat."

"I would rather walk through a tornado." she said, hiding a small smile.

"You can ride with me, I was gonna get some food." Chris said.

"Sounds good." Isabel said, looking shortly at Jared.

"Your loss." Jared said.

"Alright see you guys tomorrow." They said, also walking away.

"You mean later, right?" Jared asked Chris.

Chris got in his car without saying something back, which made Isabel giggle.

I turned to Cam, "So, you're coming over?"

"I am working on the assignment with Violet this afternoon." Cam said.

"Oh, okay. Maybe another time." I said.

"You guys broke up?" Jared asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"HEY JARED. DO YOU WANNA JOIN ME?" Scott yelled from the other side of the parking lot.

"COMING, sorry guys duty calls. I'll see you guys later." Jared ran to Scott's car and they started talking and laughing.

"He's such a weird kid." Cam said.