Chapter 27

Jess' pov

The kiss wasn't that long, but the moment I felt his lips on mine it felt like my stomach was going to explode.

When I placed my hands on his chest, he stopped the kiss without saying anything at all.

I waited, looking at him to see at least some kind of reaction but like I always say, it was hard to read Jeremiah.

"Fuck, Jessica." He muttered under his breath, now daring to look at me.

It was my turn to say something back, but I couldn't find the right words for this moment.

"I-" I started, but he didn't let me finish and started talking again, "We should go to class, we're late." He said, taking a step back from me and starting to walk away.

Now I was left behind in the empty hallway, still thinking about the whole situation.

This was the second time in such a short period of time where I had kissed one of my friends, but it didn't feel the same as with Cam.

Cam and I both agreed that there were no feelings at all and we're doing fine right now.

But the thing was we knew how to communicate with each other, I couldn't say the same about my relationship with Jeremiah.

Was this going to ruin our friendship or whatever we had?

I actually didn't want that, because even though I hated to admit it I liked Jeremiah's company recently.

When I realized I was still standing at the same place, I also started to go to class.

Just thinking about kissing Jeremiah made my cheeks burn.

What was wrong with me?

I needed to stop or people would notice.

I took a deep breath before entering the full classroom.

I walked in and saw that all eyes were on me, the teacher smiled at me and told me to take a seat.

I noticed that Jeremiah wasn't here yet.

I sat down next to Cam and got my books out.

"How did it go?" I heard him ask.

"It went alright, he said he was sorry." I said.

"Jeremiah apologized for something? That's new." he laughed.

"Yeah." I laughed nervously, hoping that he wouldn't notice anything.

"Speak of the devil." Cam whispered as Jeremiah entered the classroom.

He sat down next to Scott and also got his books out.

I was talking to Cam and taking notes when I looked up again.

When I looked at Jeremiah I saw his head turn away quickly.

I still don't get why he kissed me.

What I also don't get is why I didn't stop him.

Did he like me?

That can't be possible.

My thoughts were interrupted by a piece of paper hitting my head.

I looked at it and saw that there was something written on it.

Wanna hang out at Scott's place?
Everyone else already said yes ;)

xoxo Jared

I looked at Jared and saw him holding his thumbs up.

I did the same, letting him know I was coming.

He went back to annoying Chris after that.