Chapter 39

Jess' pov

It was the day of the party at Scott's house, finally.

Jared and Scott texted that they were putting the last few things in place, like the drinks and snacks.

When Jeremiah came in the kitchen yesterday he ignored me once again, I don't know what his problem is.

He could have at least tried to talk things out before ignoring me every day.

I'm glad I haven't seen Jonathan around lately, my parents went out to dinner with his parents and asked me to join them.

I faked being sick so I didn't have to go, I know that they would force me to go if I just said no.

My mom asked me about Jeremiah and if we were still hanging out, I have a feeling she doesn't mind it as much as my dad.

Speaking of my parents, they were gone, again.

I always wished I had a sibling so I wouldn't be lonely when they left, but I guess having friends that feel like family fills that gap.

I took a long shower before getting ready for the party, this makes me clear my head.

Tonight I just wanna forget about all of the drama and have fun with my friends.

I blow dried my hair and did my makeup, I decided to keep it simple today and just do a natural look.

I wore a little black dress with spaghetti straps and a split that reached my upper thigh. 

Lauren and Isabel were coming to pick me up so we could get there together, Isabel is gonna be our designated driver, like always.

Isabel rarely drinks, she likes to keep the signal clear and watches over all of us and we love her for that.

I unlocked my phone and opened my texts with Jeremiah, contemplating on texting him.

Before I even had a chance to type anything I heard a car pull up on the driveway.

I looked on the camera and saw a black car that belonged to Lauren, she was gonna drive us to the party so Isabel doesn't have to drive both times.

I made my way towards the backseat and opened the door, instantly being greeted by two cheerful voices.

"Lookin 'cute there Jess." Lauren winked.

"Stop it, I'm dressed so basic." I said.

"You still look good, we all do." Isabel said.

"We have to get a picture of us three at the picture wall." I said, excitedly.

"Yes, it's gonna look so cute." Lauren said, also getting excited.

"Jess, we need to find a guy for you." Lauren said.

"No, thanks." I sighed.

"Come on, you used to love it when I did this." she pouted.

"Isabel, a little help?" I asked, knowing she would be on my side.

"She doesn't need a guy, Lauren." Isabel said.

"Asking Isabel for help?" Lauren said, "Smart move."

Lauren knows she can't win against Isabel.

I high fived Isabel and Lauren playfully rolled her eyes.

"My offer will always be there, don't you forget it." Lauren said.

After a few minutes of joking around we finally arrived at the party.

There was loud music and a lot of people around the house.