Chapter 26

Jess's pov

The winter break was over and a lot had happened.

When I went over to Isabel's house to talk to Lauren everything went great, we forgave each other and went back to being best friends.

I even convinced them to go to the beach with Hope and Faith, they all got along great.

Cam and Violet have been getting closer every day, it is only a matter of time before they start dating.

Jared and Scott were always doing something crazy or going to parties, dragging Chris along with them.

The only person I haven't seen or talked to is Jeremiah and that made me a little sad for some reason.

The ball is in a few days, I am actually looking forward to it this time.

I don't know what changed, but just the thought of being with Jeremiah made me feel less alone.

We were halfway through the first week of school and everything was going fine actually.

Jeremiah has been acting weird these past couple of days.

I arrived at school and went immediately to my locker as usual.

We had history and English first.

As I was looking for my books in my locker I heard someone walk in my direction.

"You're early today?" I heard Jared behind me.

I turned around, being as surprised as he was.

"Yeah, I know. But why are you?" I asked back. "Shouldn't you be here after lunch or something?"

"I needed to talk to Mr. Herfst." He said, leaning against the lockers, looking annoyed by being here this early.

"About what?" I asked, putting some books in my locker.

"Grades and stuff." Jared said. "He wants me to be more serious."

"Maybe he's right." I said, knowing that he gave me the dirtiest look.

"I mean it's our last year and your grades aren't the best right now." I continued.

"I know this sounds really boring for you, but if you need help with homework and stuff I can help you." I said, now looking at him. "You're lucky to have a smart friend like me."

Then he looked at me with a smirk on his face, "Maybe that's a great idea, I can use some help. I can help you in some other ways in return?"

"What ways-" I stopped when I realized what he meant.

"Oh my God, please it's too early for this." I rolled my eyes, closing my locker.

I started walking towards our classroom as I heard Jared following me.

"When do you wanna start?" Jared sighed behind me.

"As soon as possible, if you want to graduate with us."

When we arrived in class we sat down and waited for Miss Heart to start.

While we were waiting Jared was throwing pieces of paper to Chris and Cam.

"Jared, can you stop now." Chris said, annoyed.

Jared ignored him, throwing his pen, hitting Chris in the back of his head.

Before Chris could turn around to say something Miss Heart began speaking.

"You're lucky." Chris mouthed to him, Jared gave him a cute smile back.