The badge and the burden

It was in between lessons and Joshua was patrolling the halls and making sure people were going to class. He turns the corner and sees Weiss storming out Port's clas followed by Ruby.

Ruby: Weiss!

Weiss: (turning around) What?

Ruby: What's wrong with you? Why are you being-?

Weiss: What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? You're supposed to be a leader, and all you've been so far is a nuisance!

Ruby: (scoffs) What did I do?

Weiss: That's just it - you've done nothing to earn your position! Back in the forest, you acted like a child, and you've only continued to do so!

Ruby: Weiss, where is this coming from? What happened to all the talk about 'working together'? I thought you believed in acting as a team.

Weiss: Not a team led by you. I've studied and trained. And quite frankly, I deserve better. Ozpin made a mistake. 0

Ozpin: (standing right behind a surprised Ruby with a coffee in one hand and his cane in the other with Joshua next to him) Hmm... Now that didn't seem to go very well.

Joshua: I'll go talk to Miss Schnee. (He walks off)

Ruby: (looking doubtful, even on the verge of tears) Is she right? Did you make a mistake?

Ozpin: (laughing slightly) That remains to be seen.

Weiss is still walking around the halls until she comes across a balcony where Joshua is watching the sunset over Beacon Academy's rooftops with his arms behind his back

Joshua: Hello Miss Schnee.

Weiss: Mister Graham!

Joshua: Schnee, what is bothering you?

Weiss: Well... I-I think I should have been the leader of Team RWBY!

Joshua: That is a prideful comment.

Ruby: What do you mean?

Ozpin: I mean, it's only been one day. Ruby... I've made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child, But at this moment, I would not consider your appointment to leader to be one of them. Do you?

Weiss: (now getting angry) Excuse me?!

Joshua: I've seen and done many a things, but I agree with Ozpin's decision.

Weiss: So you would just blindly accept his decision even after seeing how exceptional I am?

Joshua: What I am saying is that you think you deserve to be leader and think it's about giving orders.

Weiss: (seething now) How dare you!

Joshua: My point all I see is girl before me who has spent her entire life getting exactly what she wanted.

Weiss: (crossing her arms, looking defiant) That's not even remotely true! (under the banaged man's gaze, she reluctantly relents) Well... not entirely true.

Ozpin: Being a team leader isn't just a title you carry into battle, but a badge you wear constantly. If you're not always performing at your absolute best, then what reason do you give others to follow you?

Ruby looks thoughtful with Ozpin's words, then smiles at him.

Joshua: So Something did not go your way. Do you know what I did when I got burnt? (as Weiss finally calms down and looks at him again) I crawled back to my family and they helped me. I did not wait for death to come, I sought help. Be the person that your teammates can go to for help, advice and comfort. Also Miss Rose is younger than you by 2 years, so she will be a handful.