Chapter Twenty-Six: Breathe In, Breathe Out

──────────── ⋅◈⋅ ────────────

Disclaimer: This chapter will contain descriptions of a panic attack, read at your own risk.

──────────── ⋅◈⋅ ────────────

        Cold sweat dripped down Changbin's forehead. He drove further into the unfamiliar town, his eyes scanning the blocks, searching for anywhere he can stay.

        He had been to Iltan before, and yet the town seemed completely different from the first time he visited. He didn't know why, though. Was it the anxiety? Was it the time that had passed which was making everything seem unfamiliar?

        Putting the motorcycle to a stop on the side of the road, Changbin pulled Jisung's emergency phone out of his pocket. He searched for locations of the cheapest motels nearby, and once he had a close one found, he started the motorcycle again, driving away.

        When he reached the motel, he parked Jisung's motorcycle in the small parking area before he walked into the old building. 

        The woman at the front desk looked up at him from where she was sitting. Her messy curly hair was put up into a high ponytail, and she was wearing denim overalls over a red and white striped t-shirt, a cigarette held between her chapped lips. She took the cigar between her fingers, raising an eyebrow. "Yes?"

        Changbin inhaled sharply. "I need a single room," he said, walking towards the desk.

        Pushing her desk chair forward, the young woman grabbed a pen and a notebook, a sigh escaping her lips. "Name, please."

        "Chang- Jang Jaejun," he stuttered, and she looked at him, an eyebrow still perked up.

        "One night?"

        He shook his head, stuffing his sweaty hands into his pockets. "Two."

        Putting the cigarette between her lips again, the woman wrote down the fake name Changbin had given her. She pushed her chair back, taking the cigar in her grip again. "We've currently put up an offer for two-night stays, so only fifty thousand won, please."

         Reaching into Jisung's bag, Changbin used the money inside it to pay the amount. The woman grabbed one of the keys from the board behind her, and after giving it to Changbin, she forced a smile onto her lips. "Room four, sir. We do not allow smoking inside rooms, and any possessions lost during the period of your stay, we are also not responsible for. We hope you enjoy your time here."

        Changbin hesitantly nodded as he took the key from her. He mumbled out a quiet thank you before walking away, into the corridor, looking for room four.