Chapter Nine: The Red Notebook

Felix was curled up on his sofa, a sketchbook in his hands

Felix was curled up on his sofa, a sketchbook in his hands. He looked away from the sketch he was working on, seeing his friend, Changbin, walking towards him before sitting beside him.

"That one looks like you," the older spoke, his eyes on one of the faces Felix had sketched earlier.

"Does it? I don't know, really. I just draw random shapes until something is made up," Felix answered, gazing at his friend's eyes that were studying his sketches.

"No, no, it does. The person's hair is also pretty, like yours." Changbin pointed at the character's hairstyle. 

Felix smiled. "I tried drawing you, but that didn't work out. I'm not really the best at copying features. To most people, that's the easy thing, but for me, looking at something and trying to draw it down, even though in my style, is something difficult. I like to use my imagination," he said, flipping to one page, where another character was sketched out with fine graphite. 

"It does kind of look like me, though. I like it!"

Felix smiled at his friend. "Thanks, Binnie." He flipped back to the page he was working on when his phone's alarm rang. It was time for his daily dose of medications. 

He sighed, standing up and leaving his small sketchbook and silver mechanical pencil on the coffee table close to him. "Time for my meds!" He called out, his voice sarcastically cheery. 

"Do you always have to take them?" Changbin asked, sitting back on the couch.

Felix shrugged. "My psychiatrist tells me I have to have them. I don't see how they're helping, but I still take them, hoping that they slightly work at least."

Changbin nodded his head slowly as he stood up. "I should head home now. I got to work on some deliveries later on," he said, looking around the room. "Lix, do you know where I left my jacket?" He asked as he walked into the kitchen, still looking around.

Felix opened the top drawer of one of the counters where a bunch of meds were placed, some of them, vitamins, others, ones his psychiatrist had given him. "No, Binnie, I don't know...maybe you left it in the bathroom? Is it not in my bedroom?"

"I don't know, I'll go check." He left the kitchen and went into the bedroom. A few minutes later, after Felix had taken his medications, he came into the living room and shook his head. "It's not there- It's fine, though. I'll just leave it here and whenever you find it bring it to my place, okay? It must have been mixed up with your clothes, but I don't really have the time to search right now."

Felix smiled. "I'll look for it later. Take care when heading home, Changbin. The streets are dangerous these days." 

Changbin smiled slightly as he patted his friend's shoulder. "Can we meet up for dinner later?" He asked. "It's on me, don't worry." The grin was still on his lips when Felix sent him a smile back.