16

Author's POV

Sunoo and Aera were working late on a project when a sudden storm hit, causing a power outage in the building. 

They looked at each other, realizing they were stuck in Sunoo's office.

"What do we do now?" Aera asked, her voice laced with concern.

"We'll just have to wait it out, I guess," Sunoo said, trying to sound optimistic. 

"The power should come back on soon." Aera sighed and leaned back in her chair. 

"I can't believe this is happening," she said, her eyes fixed on the darkened windows. 

"I have so much work to do, and now I'm stuck here with you.

"Sunoo couldn't help but feel hurt by her words. 

"Is that all you think of me, Aera?" he asked, his voice laced with disappointment.

"What do you mean?" Aera asked, turning to look at him.

"I mean, do you really think being stuck in a room with me is such a terrible thing?" Sunoo asked, his eyes meeting hers. 

"Don't you remember all the good times we had together?" Aera looked away, her face flushing with embarrassment. 

"I do," she admitted. "But a lot has happened since then. I'm not sure if we can ever go back to the way things were."

"I know things have been tough, Aera," Sunoo said, his voice softening. "But I still care about you. And I know deep down, you still care about me too." 

Aera looked at him, her eyes searching his face for any sign of insincerity. 

As they sat in the dimly lit room, memories of their childhood flooded Sunoo's mind. He remembered how he and Aera used to play together for hours on end, exploring the nearby woods and dreaming up adventures. He decided to share one of these memories with Aera.

"Hey, do you remember the time we built that treehouse in my backyard?" he asked. Aera's eyes lit up as she remembered. "Of course I do!" she exclaimed. 

"That was the best summer ever." Sunoo chuckled, feeling nostalgic. "We spent every day up there, eating snacks and playing games," he said. "And we even made a secret handshake." Aera laughed, "Yes! And we promised to always be best friends." Sunoo felt a pang of guilt as he thought back to the misunderstanding that had driven them apart. 

The security person Sunoo had called for had finally arrived and they went home.

Sunoo was happy that even though it was just for time, he did have a nice conversation with Aera after so long.

.

.

.

(A/N: A sneak peak at the past!)