11

Sunoo POV

It had been a few months since Aera and I broke up. It was a mutual decision, and we both wanted to stay friends. We were attending the same college, and it was nice to have her as a familiar face on campus.One day, I met a girl named Hyejoon in one of my classes. We hit it off and became good friends.

She has also quickly become Aera's best friend alongside Namra. 

We started hanging out more and more, and eventually, she confessed her feelings for me.

"Sunoo, I have to tell you something. I've developed feelings for you. I know you just got out of a relationship, but I couldn't keep it to myself any longer." she said.

I was caught off guard by her confession. I didn't have any romantic feelings for Hyejoon, but I also didn't want to hurt her.

"Hyejoon, I really value our friendship, and I don't want to jeopardize that. But I also don't want to lead you on or give you false hope." I said.

"I understand, Sunoo. I just had to tell you how I feel." she replied.

Despite not having romantic feelings for Hyejoon, I found myself agreeing to go on a date with her out of pity. As time went on, we continued to see each other and eventually I agreed to date her for three months and if I still don't get feelings for her we would break up.

One day I was stopped by Aera in the hallway.

"Sunoo, can we talk for a minute? I need to ask you something." she said.

"Sure, what's up?" I asked.

"Its about Hyejoon. Though its just been a year I have known her she means a lot to me. She is my best friend and she is very sensitive. Please don't hurt her, alright?" she said.

"I understand. I will not hurt her in any ways." I replied.

Time skip

Sunoo POV

Its been three moths now and Hyejoon has tried to be the bestest girlfriend ever, but its just something even I am not sure of but it is been holding me back from having even the slightest feelings for her and in fact for anyone.

"Hyejoon, its been three months now, I just want to be upfront and honest with you - I don't feel the same way. I don't want to hurt you by leading you on, but I hope we can still be friends." i said.

"I understand, Sunoo. I knew deep down that you didn't have feelings for me, but I couldn't help hoping. Thank you for being honest with me." she said as she sounded a little disappointed.

Aera POV

Hyejoon looked a little upset as she came and sat next to me.

"Hyejoon-ah, what happened? Why do you look so upset?" I asked her out of concern.

"Aera, Sunoo and I broke up." she said.

"What?!" I got up from my seat.

"No, no Aera listen, its not his mistake!"

"Oh please Hyejoon stop taking his side! Look at yourself! Look how hurt you are!" I said and without listening to anything else I went to Sunoo's house.

As I reached, Sunoo answered the door.

"Come out!" I demanded.

"Why?"

"Just do it!" I said.

And just as he came out, SMACK!

I slapped him across his face.

"I told you to not hurt Hyejoon! Why cant you ever listen to one thing Sunoo?" I said.

" If I ever see you close to her again I will not leave you! REMEMBER THAT!" I said and I stormed out.

.

.

.

(A/N: What would you have done if you were in place of Aera??)