Chapter 27

"Are you sure?"

"I swear on Gloss and Min freaking Yoongi." Luna said exasperated.

"It feels just too unbelievable. People do collect rocks and this could be a coincidence." Taehyung was quick to destress the situation.

"I remember clearly seeing those pink stone with gold inlay in those photos Dawon had sent Hoseok. And the sea green rocks were like the most important feature of Jackson's hotel courtyard. I'm sure if we look into it we will be able to draw more connections." Luna said with a loud sigh.

"Jimin and Hoseok are looking into it as we speak. Until we have solid proof, we can't do anything. How about we order in something to eat?" Taehyung asked the girl who just nodded.

Jimin had brought a panicked Luna into the house and after multiple failed attempts to calm her down, he had called the only person he could think of. Taehyung rushed into the apartment without a question and engulfed Luna into a hug until she wasn't crying anymore. The shock of last night had hit the girl at the sight of the coloured stones and all she felt was the terror of being chased and killed. But she was smart enough to click a few pictures of the stones before leaving the place. Jimin called Hoseok and rushed into his lair to look deeper into the issue. 

"This cake is good. It's so soft that it feels like an hug." Luna said as she took another slice from the desserts they had ordered in.

"I know right. How do they make these? It's so fluffy." Taehyung joined her on devouring the sweet treats.

"I'm sorry for being a mess earlier. I-"

"No. Stop right there. There's nothing to apologize for. If anything I think it was long overdue. We are normal people and murders and killers are not what we have seen or be used to. It's only natural for us to feel scared and overwhelmed. I couldn't sleep either and I'm terrified with how things are progressing."

"I am not scared."

"Yeah, whatever you say."

"Oh by the way, she sent me a few Gloss merch and told me that she thinks you are a Gloss too."

"SHE TOLD WHAT?!"

"I don't know how she knows. But she knows."

"I ain't sleeping now on."

"Hey, at least she's moving to Australia. You won't be going there, right?"

"I really hope so."

The ringing of Taehyung's phone scared the poor souls who were imagining a crazy laughing Bianca with a machete and chasing them down.

"Hello?"

"Guess who is going to Australia for 6 months for an amazing movie shoot."  Namjoon's voice blared through the speakers with excitement. Taehyung threw the phone as though it was possessed and stared at it along with Luna.

***

"Luna was right. Bianca or better known as Kang Insoo, seems to be our killer. She was working under different aliases on the projects of the victims. She seems to hold a vendetta against Yoongi for some reason." Jimin said with a helpless look.

"And she's pretty good at it. There's no trace of anything anywhere. The aliases were a part of the company protocol so that can't be used as a strong evidence either. And not all her projects ended up in a murder so we can't push that too."

"Would you believe me if I said that she has worked on over 500 projects? And the victims form only 13 of them."

"Or only 13 of them have been reported." Hoseok added.

"She's a good architect but also seems to be like a good killer too." Luna said gloomily. She really had thought that this would be her perfect career trajectory. Working under someone with so much experience and expertise was what pulled her to settle into a whole new country and now she couldn't believe that they were closing on her as the killer they have been searching for.

"I have called Yoongi and asked him to come here. We need to know what went down in their relationship for her to be so vengeful."

"Maybe he cheated on her with a fan?" Taehyung put forth into the discussion.

"Maybe he got her pregnant and asked her to abort the kid?"

"Maybe he killed her secret lover?"

"Maybe he was just being himself and pushed her to the bring of insanity?"

"Yah! Is this what you guys think of me?" It was Yoongi's voice that had stopped the round of allegations. The group looked dumbfounded at the arrival of the guy in question himself.

"Oh Yoongissi, they didn't mean that. They were just exploring all angles. I promise we don't think of you that way." Luna was quick to rush to the fuming man and console him.

"You guys have no idea."

"Yoongi, you got to tell us more than that."

"Yes Yoongissi, can you tell us from the beginning? If you don't mind? Please?"

"Why don't we sit comfortably. It's gonna take all night." Yoongi said after a while giving into Luna's persuasion.

"I and Luna had ordered in desserts a while ago and there's plenty of leftovers. Can someone go get them?" Taehyung asked and Jimin was quick on his feet to get the treats to the living area.

"So, it was in-" Yoongi began only to be interrupted by Taehyung.

"Namjoon isn't here yet. Should I put him on a call?"

A collective yes echoed in the hall and Yoongi looked at the group in utter disbelief as though they were gathered to hear a bedtime story. But he knew better than that. If anything, this was the retelling of the nightmares that almost killed him. A retelling of the pain and sorrows he kept hidden away and blamed himself for.

*~*

Author's note

What do you guys think of the story so far? I have the entire story planned out even before I had begun writing here and that's a rarity. I usually write as I go and end with a hundred twists and turns. Hope you are enjoying reading this one. Do vote and comment :)