{S E V E N T E E N}

''flower & sugar''

(2nd pov)
word count: 1143

you watch uncomfortably as ray continues to try and 'smack some sense' into emma

you tend to get really anxious when it comes to arguing, you can't stand it, especially in a situation like this.

"hey, flower. are you okay?" norman asks, brushing his hand against yours.

you nod, giving him a weak smile "yeah, i'm just a little stressed out, but i'll be fine. everything will work out in the end, i'm sure if it."

"well , i'm here if you need to talk flower." he holds your hand and gently squeezes it.

"thanks sugar." you chuckle lightly

the two of you turn back to the conversation as norman's thumb lightly rotates in a circular motion on your hand.

"emma, there's a place we're being shipped to, the fact that there's a farm in the first place should give you an idea." ray continues.

"what's waiting for us outside is a demon's world, worst case scenario is that there could be no place for us humans to live."

emma's eyes go wide, you and norman frown.

"it's impossible, taking them with us is a suicide mission, we would all die. the best option is to leave them all behind." ray places his hands firmly on emma's shoulders.

emma stays silent for a moment before her expression goes back to normal. "no."

norman gazes at her, surprised and you smile.

"even if you say it's impossible, i wanna escape with everyone! so let's figure it out!"

you grin, nodding. "yeah she's right, i'll cover for as many kids as i can if needed!"

norman sighs. "flower, maybe don't sacrifice yourse-"

"what?! and risk your life? are you serious?" ray exclaims, cutting norman off.

"i don't want all of us to get killed, so there isn't an option to leave any of them behind!" emma continues, locking eyes with ray.

"i want conny to be the last, i will never let anyone get harvested like she did ever again."

[if only i could've stopped it...] you glance down at the floor before quickly snapping out of it and turning your attention back to the conversation.