{F I F T E E N}

''estella&?''

(2nd pov)
word count: 1138

(I've decided to try a new writing style, just for the povs because i felt the first pov got a bit boring and repetitive 💕💕)

you and emma feel your souls leave your bodies as you both look into mama's piercing purple eyes.

"what's wrong girls? emma, you're looking quite pale..." she mutters, barely loud enough for the two 11 year olds to hear as she reaches out one of her hands to emma's left ear.

"now that i think about it...you both seemed quite dull at breakfast..."

the two of you quickly picked up on the fact that mama is testing your reactions and emma's pulse rate.

'so this is the real mama.' you thought.

you knew emma would probably be thinking the same thing. the same betrayal, just wanting to scream and cry.

You know it's the simple harsh reality.
but it still hurts just as much.

as if almost in sync, the two of you force a smile on your faces.

"oh it's nothing! we were just talking about how we'd end up leaving the house soon and we got a little sad." emma lies, taking her hand off of the wall.

mama's guard seems to come down as her expression returns to what you'd come to know and loved so dearly for 10 years.

10 years that you've spent believing in this lie.

"ah i see... do you like it at the house?" mama warmly smiles at the duo.

emma leaps into mama's arms and you follow her lead.

"I love the house and you too, mama!" she cheers and you nod.

"yeah, i agree with emma!"

...

"i wonder what conny's up to right now..." emma mumbles before pulling away from the hug.

"y'know conny said that when she grows up, she wants to be a mother just like you!"

you step away from mama as she slowly stands up, nodding.