3-"He's Back"

"HE'S BACK?

          "HE'S BACK?

The sisters argued back and forth on the sidewalk and the rest of the group just strayed behind. Violet was stumbling when she walked, and Ethan had caught her a few times.

She began to take one big tumble. "Woah," she mumbled as she looked up to see Ethan.

"I've got you," he whispered.

Chad looked at Ethan, slightly concerned at his closeness to Violet. "Thanks, Ethan. I've got her from here."

Chad put his one arm around Violet, and the other arm was against her waist. Ethan hated that Chad took her from him.

"Is she alright?" Anika asked Chad.

"Should be. She's just pretty wasted."

Sam and Tara's arguing was interrupted by a girl throwing her drink onto Sam, soaking her and her sweater.

"Murderer!"

They held Sam back from attacking the girl, who had her friend recording the whole thing.

"They better leave Sam alone," Violet mumbled, burying her head into Chad's chest.

"Shh. You're cute when you're drunk," he whispered, stroking her dark hair.

Ethan stood there awkwardly, trying to take his attention away from Chad and Violet. He wanted to make Chad his next victim more and more everyday.

He walked over to Sam, offering her what he could. "I've got tissues. I've got like three tissues."

She gave him a small nod and smile as she accepted his gift. She tried to dry her shirt as best as she could with the three tissues.

Even while drunk, Violet smiled at Ethan's small but sweet gesture.

"Let's just go back to the apartment," Tara sighed.

The group arrived at Sam, Tara, and Quinn's apartment. Violet sat next to Ethan and Chad on the couch, propping herself up on either of them to stay stable.

Anika and Mindy sat close on the middle of the couch, and then Quinn and the Carpenter sisters sat next to each other on the other end of the couch.

"Guys," Anika said, staring at the TV.

The news reporter began to speak. "I am here at a very gory scene. Two bodies have been found, their identities just confirmed by police as Jason Carvey and Greg-"

Mindy gasped. "That's those two chodes from our film studies class!"

"Jason..." Violet stammered.

Violet could only hear one thing besides the fact that her classmate was murdered. "He's back," she whispered.

Sam began rushing around the kitchen furiously.

"Pack a bag, Tara. We're leaving."

"What? No! Sam-"

"Maybe we should get going," Chad whispered to Violet and Ethan as things between the sisters started to get heated again.

Violet nodded, and Ethan followed behind the couple.

"We pretty much just got confirmed news of Ghostface returning and you guys are leaving in the dark?" Sam exclaimed, her face dropping as she saw the three exiting.

"I'm going to get Violet home so she's safe," Chad insisted.

Sam sighed and let them go.

The way home was nerve wracking. Violet was very tired, and very worried that Ghostface could come out at any time. Chad and Ethan left her at her dorm.

Her roommate, Sarah, was already asleep. Violet was careful not to wake her, as she quietly crept into the bathroom, wiping off her makeup and changing into her pajamas.

She fell asleep quickly, due to her tiredness from the party. While she was asleep, Sam and Tara got attacked by Ghostface at the nearby bodega on their way to the police station.

Violet would learn that later the next when she would meet up with the Carpenter sisters.

Published: May 6th, 2023
Edited: