7-"Core Five, High-Five!"

"CORE FIVE, HIGH-FIVE!"

The friend group, minus Ethan and Quinn were all gathered in Sam and Tara's apartment. Ethan was at "Econ" and Quinn was in her room, most likely with one of her boyfriends.

Anika was sitting on the couch, and the five original Woodsboro survivors were sitting at the kitchen table together.

"We need a nickname," Chad decided.

"No we don't," Mindy shot back.

"What about the Core Five?"

"Absolutely not," Sam said, shaking her head.

Tara agreed. "No way!"

"Come on! Core Five, high-five!"

He held his hand up, but none of them returned the high-five. All of them laughed as Chad desperately tried to get his nickname to stick.

"Come on! Baby!" he begged, looking at Violet.

"No," she laughed.

He wrapped his arms around her and gave her a few small and playful kisses. "For me?"

Violet sighed and gave Chad a very low-energy high-five. Mindy groaned and death-stared Violet.

"Why, Violet, why?" Mindy scolded.

"I can't say no to him. Can I, babe?" she giggled, touching the top of Chad's nose.

"Guys!" Anika shouted.

Everyone ran to the living room, where the news was projected, announcing that Sam was the prime suspect in the Ghostface case.

"This is ridiculous," Tara muttered.

"It just sucks being so non-loved," Sam sighed.

"Everyone in this room loves you, Sam," Violet reassured, turning off the TV, flipping off the news reporter as she did so.

Everyone's heads perked up when they heard loud noises coming from the door that lead to Quinn's room.

"Quinn and her gentlemen are up to it again," Tara said with a laugh.

Sam took a deep breath. "I'm sleeping with cute boy from across the hall.

Chad jumped up and down. "I called it! Give me ten bucks right now, Violet!"

Violet was being chased by Chad across the kitchen. "No!"

Sam began to get an incoming call. "Ooo, is it cute boy?" Tara asked.

Violet peered over her shoulder aswell as Mindy.

"It's from Danny Brackett, aka cute boy!" Mindy confirmed.

"What are your intentions with my sister?" Tara said jokingly.

Sam hung up. "I'll call him back later."

Everyone continued to laugh and bond until they received an airdrop from Danny at the same time. What was going on?

The Core Five and Anika accepted the air drop at the same time, only to all be horrified. Some of them even screamed. The picture was of Ghostface attacking Quinn.

Violet suddenly realized that the noises from upstairs were starting to sound like Quinn fighting for her life. Quinn was yelling and being thrown across the room.

Everyone stood in front of the door that led to Quinn's room, concerned for their lives, and for Quinn's.

Violet took a deep breath. She was terrified of Ghostface. And she was terrified of loosing any more of her friends. She had already lost Amber, Wes, and Liv. And if you counted Jason, she lost him too.

"Run," Mindy whispered.

Ghostface barged into the room, and Quinn's bloody body fell onto Violet as she screamed, covered in her friend's blood.

Published: May 10th, 2023
Edited: