𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 - 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

"Since I have no sweet flower to send you, I enclose my heart; a little one, sunburnt, half broken sometimes

"Since I have no sweet flower to send you, I enclose my heart; a little one, sunburnt, half broken sometimes..." - Emily Dickinson

I am sitting in my room at my desk (I had gotten out of the infirmary as fast as I could), wrapping Wednesday's birthday present. Earlier I went in town to go buy some things for her, I expect that she likes the books I bought. Since she likes the history of the pilgrims so much, I bought her 'a pilgrim's journey', and 'tales of suspense' by Edgar Allan Poe and 'King lear'. I think these books will be tragic and terrifying enough for her, they're also just great books. Any Shakespeare book is great in my opinion, if you understand it.

Wrapping with one hand available isn't as easy as I thought, this cast on my arm is really annoying me.

The wrapping paper is black, of course.

I cut the wrapping paper, where I estimated it would be long enough to cover three books. I hope she'll like the books, I didn't know what else to get her. I knew some things that I could give her, but I was scared she wouldn't like it.

Picking out a present for somehow makes me stressed, the entire time I'm thinking the person may not like it. Getting more worried if it's someone I care about, and want to give the best present ever, because they deserve it.

I fold a bit of the end of the left side of the paper, so it won't look messy. I drag it to the books, and do the same for the other taping them together, connecting them. I fold the sides and put two pieces of tape on each side, I grab the card I had written before and put it on the present. I grab my black ribbon and tie it into a bow, tying the card to the present.

I drew the design on the card, I know she loves the black dahlia so I drew one on the card. The card bearing a sweet message inside, I had been as poetic as I could.

I put the present aside and grab the nearest blank paper, Enid had put me in charge of making a note with a message that would lead her to Crackstone's crypt. I think it's a stupid idea, and I doubt it'll work but I can't say no to Enid.

I can't write the letter in my handwriting, so I guess I'll need to settle with newspaper cut outs. That'll be a fun activity, it'll take hours.

I cut out all the letters I need and glue them to the paper, it did in fact take a long ass time. All for a stupid note, that looks more like a ransom note. That'll probably not even work, she'll know something's off.

A knock comes from my door, and I yell for them to come in. "Hey, Lilith," Enid's voice beams from behind me.

"Oh hey," I turn around in my chair facing her, why is she always smiling like that. It's unsettling sometimes.

"Is the note done?" She elevates her shoulders in excitement for tonight.

"Here," I hand her the note and her smile turns into a look of dissatisfaction. "I expected something more.." she pauses.