𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

"Saying nothing... sometimes says the most." - Emily Dickinson

"All students will report for their volunteer jobs at 10:00 a.m. sharp, followed by a community lunch at 1:00. As you know, this year Outreach Day culminates in a very special event, the dedication of a new memorial statue in the town square, which will also include preformances by Nevermore students," I stand in the quad next to Zella, Ajax and Xavier. I am not excited about this year's Outreach Day, I've gotten Pilgrim World everytime.

It's ludicrous that this town has Pilgrim World, devoting an entire theme park to those religious fanatics. They are responsible for mass genocide and this town, thinks it's okay to look up to them. All the bloodshed of my ancestors and others' ancestors spilled, just for this town to make it look fine.

They got burned at the stake for trying to be kind to those who were more evil than, they ever could've been.

"As representatives of our school, I trust you will all put your best face forward."

"Why is this even relevant?" I ask, Xavier lifted his elbows, to say he didn't know.

"It's not, it's just to make normies like us," Zella states. Normies will never like us, they will always think we are peculiar children, different of the other, strange.

Being seen as peculiar is uncomfortable, people always staring at you in disgust, judging you every move. You can't escape the judgement and prejudices, we will forever need to live with it. Running from it is useless.

Teachers start giving out enevelopes with our assignments on them. I'm hoping for something other than Pilgrim World. Miss Thornhill hands me an enevelope, I thank her, opening it quickly.

To not much shock, Pilgrim World again, this will be a very fun day.

"Pilgrim World, what did you guys get?"

"Oh my god, I got the Weathervane, someone trade with me."

"Uriah's Heep."

"The Weathervane, ew we're gonna' need to spend the day with the living brute."

★★★