𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 - 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊

"It might be lonelier without the loneliness." - Emily Dickinson

All the parents have left Nevermore and everyone is asleep, no one lurking around.

My mother reached out to me that night, morning really. That message keeps replaying in my head every second of the day, her voice is embedded in my brain.

I need to talk to her and I want to try and do that, by trying to resurrect her. It would make me and my father incredibly happy and I would have a mom, plus I can talk to her about all this crap.

I quickly get out of my bed and silently open the door, I need to try and find a book about death magic. Necromancy to be exact.

The building is rather cold at night, I'd need a shawl to keep me warm. I ventured down to the library as quietly as I can, there is a chance I won't even find it in the main library. I'd have to go to the Nightshade's library then, I hope they won't catch me. I don't want to live through that embarassment.

I enter the main library looking at all the sections, rituals. Just where I need to be, I can't see anything tho. I move the palm of my hand upwards conjuring a light, now I can see.

Love rituals.

Fertility rituals.

Death rituals.

Satanic rituals.

Greek rituals, let's preform a bacchanal in the woods. That's a joke, (the secret history reference).

I reach the end of the rituals section, shit they don't have it. I walk out of the rituals section and come face to face with, Miss Thornhill. Shit, I'll get detention again. This isn't gonna go well.

"Lilith, what are you doing wandering around the library at night?" She shines the bright flashlight in my face, ouch. I squint, my eyes getting blinded by the light.

"Trying to find a book," I confess. I said quickly enough to not make it sound like a lie, and slow enough to make it sound planned. I've learned from the past that sometimes when you tell the truth, they'll think you're lying.

"About what?"

"Ressurection."

"There is a book on necromancy in the Nightshade's library."

"You're not going to give me detention?"

"What do you want detention?" She asks. I quickly nod 'no', "I'll let this one slide for once." She walks away and inspects the rest of the castle, well that was awkward. Why wouldn't she care about me being out past curfew? That's weird, something's up with her.