𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕺𝖓𝖊

"Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

Today is the day a new student will arrive at Nevermore Academy, Wednesday Addams. Rumors have been spreading around school, that she dropped piranhas in a pool and almost killed two people by the incident.

My dad already told me that he knew Wednesday's dad, Gomez Addams. They used to be friends when they were students, however lost contact after they graduated. The last time they saw eachother was at my mom's funeral.

Enid would be showing Wednesday around the school, giving her one of those stupid speeches about the history of the school and explaining who the four main cliques are.

"Hey Lilith, Wednesday is arriving," Zella announces, while standing on the balcony, smoking a cigarette while looking down at the car driving through the gates. I quickly run to the balcony, bumbing into her side when I stand next to her, snatching the cigarette from her hand. Taking a quick puff. I started smoking when I was fourteen years old, I use it as a coping mechanism. Through the years I've become more and more addicted to the feeling of, dopamine releasing in my brain. The feeling of it slowly killing me, feels euphoric. The simple fact of knowing I exist is infuriating to me, like nails on a chalkboard. I've never been excited about living, I don't understand how people can like living, or maybe this is just me being depressed.

"So, what do you think she will be like?" she inquires, while taking the cigarette out of my hand. She is actually quite curious about what I think she will be like.

"I don't know, she did drop piranhas in a pool," I retort.

"Well, didn't you throw a kid at a wall once?" she tells me, with a questioning tone. Even though she knew I did. She never judged me for any of the stunts I pull sometimes, to get revenge.

"Ya, but that guy was being an asshole," that guy was saying he would burn me at the stake like medieval times. That's maybe worse than throwing him at a wall. He only ended up having a bruised back and a bump on the back of his head. "That guy should be happy I didn't break any of his bones."

She laughs at my comment while taking another puff of her cigarette. We started smoking at the same time, we are both very mentally unstable. Zella mostly suffers from anxiety, depression and eating disorders, she started feeling really insecure about her body when she was young. She started worrying about gaining weight, she stopped eating for a while, making her depressed. She's healthy now, although still suffers from severe anxiety and depression. We are both lost, clueless to what we're going through, clueless to anything that's happening around us, clueless about who we are.

We both look down the balcony at the same time, Wednesday and her family step out the car. She has beautiful raven hair put in two braids, dressed in black head to toe.

"They are very colorful," Zella says sarcastically, laughing at her own comment. Wednesday unexpectedly looks up at the balcony we were standing on. I could see a little smirk on her face, although she quickly looks away and walks into the school. Her and me locking eyes felt like a rush of euphoria.

"Let's go down to the quad," Zella utters. Turning around not before throwing her cigarette away.

When we arrive at the quad, we sit down at our usual table. We just start talking about the book we were both reading, at the moment we were both reading inferno. We both love the classics more. All of the sudden we hear Enid talking to Wednesday.

"Welcome to the quad," Enid practically yells. She told me yesterday how excited she was to be showing her around, she wasn't so excited about the rumors that were swirling around about her tho.

"It's a pentagon," I chuckle a bit at her snarky comment. It's exactly the same thing I said, when Zella showed me around the school when I first arrived.

"The whole snarky Goth girl thing might have worked at normie school, but here things are different. Let me give you a wiki on Nevermore's social scene," Enid tells the girl excitedly.

"I'm not interested in participating in tribal adolescent clichés," Wednesday argues. I could sense that she wanted to get out of Nevermore already.

"Well, then use it to fill your obviously bottomless pit of disdain," Enid responds. Wednesday looks annoyed. I don't think she needs the information, I think she's smart enough too figure it out by herself.

"There are many flavors of outcasts here, but the four main cliques are Fangs, Furs, Stoners and Scales. Those are the Fangs, AKA vampires. Some of them have literally been here for decades. That bunch of knuckleheads are Furs, AKA werewolves. Like me!" Enid explains to her. She doesn't seem interested, at all.

The werewolves all start howling at the sight of Enid. For a minute I wish I had my headphones on, blasting a Lana Del Rey song. Me and Zella stop listening to Enid's speech and start discussing what movie we are going to watch tonight.

"It' either pride & prejudice or Anna Karenina."

"Pride & prejudice, definitely."

I can tell Zella is feeling bored, she puts her hand under her chin, thinking of what to do, a smile forming on her face when she realizes.

"I'm gonna go smoke a cigarette in the woods, wanna join," she questions, I didn't answer just standing up and walking to the woods with her.

We sit down by a tree, lighting out cigarettes. I grab my sketchbook and a pencil that was wrapped onto the notebook. I open it on a blank page, thinking of what to draw.

"What are you gonna draw?"

"I'm thinking."

A thought pops into my head, most of my drawings are kind of dark according to other people. Not to me, it's realism.

In life there will always be darkness, no one in the world can change that, it will always be there haunting you. No matter what you do you can't run or hide from it, that's the scary part.

My fingers grip the pencil hard and trace along the paper creating a beautiful sketch of a fallen angel, with a wing cut off. I always have stories behind my drawings this one standing out from the others, heavily inspired by Lucifer.

Zella was looking of into the distance, the entire time admiring the view, her cigarette coming to and end. She looked at the sketchbook, seeing an almost complete sketch.

"Beautiful, what's the story?" she acknowledged, she likes to look beyond the picture. She's always great at finding a meaning behind things, by reading between the lines. Her love for poetry and books, a love which I share, always present when asking for a backstory.

"It's a fallen angel, they cut he's wing of as punishment. He will forever need to be apart from his lover now," she listens to me with full interest and attention. She nods while listening, approving of the idea.

"Nice, star-crossed lovers," she mumbles.