Building Pleasure

GRACE

After I ensured that Mr. Powers' gift was in my hands, I took another second to adjust the strap of my dress.

I didn't know I would have to elaborately dress up for Mr. Powers' birthday until he breezily mentioned it.

Apparently, the man was going all out with his celebration.

And the venue was one of the party halls in the hotel and according to Ruby who called me to pay attention to an article about her father's birthday, it was going to be a huge party. Dignitaries will be gracing the event, thus, I can't afford to dress shabbily.

Once I breathed and dragged myself out of my thoughts, I reached for the ends of my hair. They were made into nice curls and they sat well on my shoulders.

I liked the way my hair felt as I adjusted its ends so I rushed to the bathroom and admired myself in the full mirror.

As I smiled at my image and tilted and twirled, my attention fell on my gown. The blueish material had a silky feel to it and it was handpicked by Sam when we went on an impromptu shopping spree. The gown carried simplicity, at the same time, class and sexiness.

And the manner with which it hugged every part of my body, especially the parts I always viewed as imperfect, made me fall in love with the dress and... my boobs. The well-tailored gown held my breasts firmly, its overlapping neckline exposing a glimpse of my cleavage in the right, comfortable amount.

There was also a slit, running from the half of my thigh to the tail. It completed the gown's mission to make me look good.

Once I augmented the gown's beauty with a pair of my favourite silver heels, a simple dropping earring, and my moderately made-up face, I smacked my glossy lips together and walked out of the bathroom to join the party which was holding on the tenth floor.

My sexiness kept soaring as I graciously walked out of the elevator. The rug beneath my feet was soft and it led me to the entrance of the hall. And as I walked, many eyes fell on me in admiration and I strangely felt confident about my appearance. I then briefly wondered what Mr. Powers' reaction would be once he sees me.

'Yeah. Because you are dressed up for him.' My inner mind dug up a fact I was not ready to admit.

After shaking my head to chase away my silly thought, I was soon inside the almost-filled hall, an old-school jam filling my ears as I scanned the large room.

"Wow." The comment slipped out of my mouth as I admired what had been done to the huge hall.

Apart from the obvious beauty the hall initially had, the black and silver decorations that filled the room made it more appealing to the eyes.

As I admired the setup of the round tables, the bright lights coming from the chandeliers that hung randomly around the hall were killed. Dull, flickering lights came on, and they made the whole room different and more appealing.

A smile found its way to my lips and I proceeded to walk to the front where Ruby had informed me that we would be sitting. But after a few steps, someone gently bumped into me.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry," a lady in a white and black waitress uniform pleaded as she struggled to have a proper grasp of the tray of drinks in her hands.

"Are you fine?"

The way her face was weirdly scrunched was concerning.

"No." The lady was quick to shake her head. "No. I need to puke right now, but I need to get these drinks to table ten right... away." Her lips kept contorting into ugly shapes as she spoke. "I'll just... have to... hurry. Oh my..."