Dom, Dom what now?

GRACE

"Huh?" Samantha did not hide her surprise.

Okay, right now, I might be shooting myself in the leg. I need to resume by seven am and I'm yet to be in bed even though it is a few minutes to midnight.

I am currently chatting with Samantha and David, empty boxes of pizza sprawled on the table in front of us.

The two of them surprisingly showed up at my door a few minutes before eight. Though it took them a few minutes to get used to each other, they were soon bonding over small talk and pizza. And I quickly forgot about my desire to fall asleep.

In the midst of all that was happening, I told them about my boss. It was that information that Samantha was reacting to.

"The very Dominic Powers?" Samantha was close to jumping off the couch.

"Dom, Dom, what now?" I sounded uninterested but my insides were desperate for some information. It seemed Samantha knew something huge about my new boss. But Sam didn't appreciate my tone and smacked my arm in a flash. "Ouch."

"That is what you get for spoiling the name of a sexy-looking man."

"Well, that confirms it. I am not that sexy." We diverted our eyes to David who was finishing the last slice of pizza. "I mean," he continued in between bites, "nobody has called me sexy or even cute since I entered this room. I have lost my looks and charms." He began to fake a cry dramatically. "But. It. Is. Fine."

Sam and I shared a look, then looked back at David who was now wearing puppy eyes.

Samantha huffed at his drama and tapped me to continue what she was saying.

"I read about Dominic Powers last week on the internet. At twenty-eight years of age, he is already making his way to becoming the king of the stock market. He is young, hot and you are lucky to be working with him."

"I am babysitting his daughter not working with him. But he is sexy, no doubt."

"And you are working in his house! Just imagine how nice it would be to see such an amazing sight every freaking day!"

"You are too excited about this." I quickly dismissed her words before her excitement could encourage my fantasy. "I need to sleep. I can't afford to be late to work on my first day."

"I do feel sleepy," Samantha said in between a loud yawn.

After slipping on my slippers, I got up and readied myself to date my bed.

My eyes fell on David who was busy with his laptop, and I asked, "David, are you sure you are okay sleeping on the couch? You can join us in the room if you want."

"Yeah, I am fine." He looked up from his screen. "Besides, staying in the same bed with two gorgeous ladies is not a scenario my little friend would be able to handle."

After making sure a blanket was next to him, I grabbed Samantha's hand and we headed for my room.

"I am proud of you, you know?" Sam said, her hand wrapped around my waist.

"Why?" I pocketed my hand into my silk, deep-blue PJs.

"This is the first time in three weeks I am not getting a call from a ridiculously drunk you giving me disorientated speeches about your life."

I grinned at her as we pushed the bedroom door open. "What can I say? Things tend to change in one's life."

"I am proud of you, Grace."