Chapter 45

He wasn't wrong. Derek never got his hands dirty. Ever. I mean sure he went with Damien but what good did that do? Adrian was only telling him what was true. If that woke Derek up then maybe he would see how serious something like this was. If I had been missing, I never would have known Adrian worried so much about me.

I continue to watch the silence and the awkward glances between them. Until I get tired of all of the tension. Faith looked over whining in my direction, and I knew I would be caught. So I step out, and all three look over to where I am standing. Derek's eyes light up. Adrian grabs his stomach and Dwayne looks like he has released a breath he didn't know he was holding. Adrian rushes over to me, wrapping me in his arms as Derek watches, nodding. He was glad I was okay.

"Rosa, I thought I lost you, what happened," He said, letting me go. I started to say something before I realized everyone was watching me. And I cleared my throat.

"I was in the tunnel, turns out that secret door led to a weird room, which had a secret opening that led to the tunnels we had escaped in before I came out to the lab, I tried knocking on the door and pushing but you wouldn't answer," I said, he sighs again giving me another hug I return it, knowing he was worried about me.

"Rosa, I didn't hear you knocking, we had a breach, and I was afraid they had taken you, I'm so glad you are okay," He says. The feeling of warmth and comfort washed over me. Even if we hadn't had our first kiss yet, this was okay too.

"Well, now that Addison is here, and safe, we need to try and locate my mother, Jake said they had Dani, and he couldn't go in just yet," He said.

Dwayne looks over at me and nods. They had Tyler too. Great. Just what we needed, a three-man mission. And not that Derek seemed too concerned about me being missing, maybe he did in his way, but Adrian showed so much concern. I was glad that he did show concern. Dwayne let Faith go, she wandered to me. Adrian places a hand on her head and then lets her go. What was Derek's plan exactly?

"So what exactly is the plan cause, everyone else is running all over the place," Dwayne said pointing up at the alarm. Derek looks up and then reaches under the table again, turning the siren off. My head was killing me and I was dirty and needed a shower, but right now my main focus was on Tracy and the others. He had three people now. And this would be difficult to keep from Derek.

"The plan is to tell Derek the truth," I said, without thinking about it. Derek snaps his attention to me, and Dwayne shakes his head. Adrian tenses up beside me. because they both know. They know that if I say something after keeping the truth, to begin with, Derek would be furious with me.

"What, what do you mean," Derek says tripping over his word. He was concerned about the fact that we had been lying about something. I Take a breath. And look a Adrian. He is glancing at me, but he is afraid of what Derek is going to do or say.

"The day you told Dwayne to look at the footage and then told everyone else how you felt about them, I snuck out, Adrian followed, so me Dwayne, and Adrian came to your office to look at the footage from when Damien escaped, and we saw someone go into the cells, and they haven't been back in a while," I said. Derek furloughs his brows and crosses his arms, listening. Dwayne bows his head. Adrian looks up quickly. We knew what was coming but I couldn't lie to him anymore.

"The footage showed Sam, going into the cells," I said. He releases his arms, his gaze at me, and looks from me to the others.

"Are you kidding me, you lied to me for days, all of you, I could have you all locked up for this.."

"Seriously, the cells again? Like that isn't your favorite place to throw me, let's pretend for a second that you gave a shit about me, while you were just standing there telling Adrian to calm down, he was worried about me, had something happened, I know who would save me first, but now you want to act like what we did was worse than what happened, I am so sick of this," I said pacing myself to the door. Derek didn't say anything. But as soon as I touched the door, Adrian grabbed my arm. He turned me to him. And he shook his head.