Chapter 32

Was he serious? What was with this Italian hotness? This was getting me worked up, so instead of trying to validate him, I nodded. And I smile, by now I'm blushing, but he was something else. And while I loved Derek I could not deny that this man was a lot better with words. We grab Derek, pulling him aside. He doesn't think we can hear him, And Adrian is not paying attention. He is at this point, petting Faith again. Dwayne side-eyed me, nodding.

"Derek, you aren't worried about Adrian and Addison, I don't know spending time together, getting to know each other, they seemed pretty taken with each other," Wes said, Jealous. Derek noticed that too. He tilted his head at Wes. Oh no, He knew, didn't he?

"Wes, I broke it off, I decided to give her freedom, something she deserves, something she has always deserved, she is a single woman, and Adrian is one of the best men I know, other than you, and besides he is family," He said. Wes nods looking back over at me, I look back at Faith as if I didn't hear anything.

"Yeah your mom's sister's oldest son, your first cousin, I know, but still, you called it off with her, after everything you went through," Wes asks, he was right, we had been through so much.

"That's just it, I was never there Wes, she has a chance to feel something besides neglect and emotional abuse something I gave her often, this is for her, I do still love her, but I can't watch her suffer anymore," He said. Wes nods not saying anything. And he looks back over, as Adrian stands up. So Derek finally made a decision that was about me this time. He could have changed, but he was not going to. He was making that clear.

"Well, I should probably go find my aunt Tracy, would you care to join me, Rosa," Adrian said, I looked at Wes and Derek, who nodded for me to go with him. Dwayne nods too. So I nod to Adrian. If Derek was letting me go, I was going to try and make myself happy. Adrian seemed so sweet and he called me a rose, that was sweet.

Adrian tilts his head for me to follow, I tell Faith to come with us. If Faith was that Taken with him, we could only assume, he was a great person and she trusted him. Or he was an animal person. Either way, she trusted him. I follow close behind him, he turns to me when we get to the staircase. He smiles and looks down at Faith. And then back to me, Dwayne had left us alone and stayed outside to greet the others.

"Rosa, I must ask, if you and my cousin were together and now you are not, where do you sleep?"

"I-I have been sleeping in Dwayne's room," I said honestly. He shook his head.

"None sense, you are a treasure, you should be sleeping like a queen here, I will speak to Derek about this, you deserve the best room here," He said. He shakes my head.

"No Adrian, it's okay no need to go through the trouble.."

"No trouble, listen, Addison, I know I seem, how you say overwhelming, but I truly feel connected to you, and as your protector, I insist you sleep like a baby, My cousin has a suite, you should have it," He said. I shook my head.

"No, that is his room.." He shakes his head cutting me off.

"No Rosa, not his room, I have been here many times, he has a much larger suite, he never told you," He asked. I shook my head, if Derek was keeping that bigger suite a secret, what else was he hiding? And why not tell me about the bigger room, that I could have been using?

"I will discuss this with my cousin, a beauty such as you deserves to sleep with nothing but the finest things," He said, I didn't protest him, I simply followed him upstairs.

He stops, mid-way through, looking around. Once he is sure where he is going, he continues. He was a sweet and kind man. Better than I had received while being here. And honestly, I could not help but wonder why Derek would lie to me, and keep that additional room a secret. Had it been used in a while? And why didn't Wes tell me about it? Or did he know about it? Maybe it was between Derek and Adrian.