Chapter 28

No, this was not happening. This was a dream. It wasn't real. My heart raced, and my eyes formed tears. My words caught in my throat. My father, the man who left his children years ago, caught up in the mafia. How did that even happen? And where was mom? Did she even know? How long had he been involved with them? Did he know he was meeting me? There were so many things I wanted to ask. So many questions I had. Why was my father here?

Damien looked at me and then to my father. This was confusing him too. it wasn't my fault though. I had no idea my father had been so shady. And I wondered if he and Mom left for this reason. Maybe they got too deep into the mafia. I had no idea this was even a problem for him. Or was it recent?

"Addison, W-what are you doing here," He asks, placing his phone in his pocket. I look at Damien, and he just stares, not knowing what to say, He nods me towards my father. Was this a setup? Did Damien bring my father into this to teach me a lesson? Why ask me to have Faith kill him?

"I-I just, I was helping Damien, as part of a deal to keep the girls safe, what the hell are you doing here," I spit, he sees the hurt, confusion, and anger in me, I know he does. He takes a breath.

"I buy from the mafia and resell to other people around the world, I-I can't believe you are here, this was not the plan," He says looking at Damien. Damien shrugs.

"What wasn't the plan," I ask. Looking at Damien. He gives me a maniacal look. What was he planning to do? What was he selling?

"Oh come on now Luke, I figured you'd pay higher for someone you claimed to love one time or another," Damien says. I snap my head to Damien. What did he just say? Did he want to sell me to my father? Lee stepped up next to me, I looked at him and Can saw Derek huffing behind me, ready to attack his father.

"Addison, this could be a good thing," Lee whispers, it was my father. if he did buy me, he wouldn't kill me. I would be free and could have him help me get Derek away from Damien, and lock Damien up.

"Damien, how much were going to ask my father for?" I ask. He laughs, evilly. Causing me to wince a little. He was cold.

"Oh, a couple hundred, thousand," He says, I snap my attention to my father. He is in shock and disbelief. Two hundred thousand? lee nudges me nodding. I look back at Derek, he looks at me shaking his head angrily. I couldn't help that my father was the man we were meeting.

"Dad, please tell me you are not seriously thinking about backing out of this," I said looking at my father. He shakes his head at me.,

"Of course not, you're my daughter, I would never let someone sell you to anyone, Damien, you are a sick bastard," He says snapping at Damien. But Damien smiles and shrugs his shoulders. He was planning to sell me for two hundred thousand to my father, I could only imagine what he was planning to do with my sisters...

"You, sick twisted ass hole, this was your plan, sell us to our father for double what someone else would pay," I snapped at Damien. He looked at me, amused. And then snickers at me.

"Precisely, no one pays better than a father wanting their daughters safe, and because he is part of the trafficking ring, he would be locked up if you ever told anyone, It's a win-win for me," He says shrugging. He was sick. Dad shook his head, snapping his fingers at his guards. He whispers something to them, as they run to the trunk of the car, and carry two suitcases around to Dad.

"I have two hundred grand, right here, one in each, I'll take her, but I want your word that you won't go after her or my other two kids, again," Dad says, I look at Damien who seems to be thinking about it. But what he says sends chills up my spine.

"Tell you what, you wire two million dollars into my account right now, I'll give you Addison, and leave the other two alone, and I'll throw in her wolf-dog for an extra half million, so say two points five," Damien says, he was wanting two and a half million for us? He grabs a gun from his belt and points it right at Faith.