Chapter 13

What kind of question was that? I asked him to come in and join me. I knew this would happen; I hoped it would because I was too horned up to care for myself. But maybe he wanted to be completely sure; he didn't want to force himself on me.

"Wesley, please, I want you," I said. He kissed me again as if that was what he wanted to hear. And pushes me against the wall gently. My hands find his hair. I can't help myself. He's making it harder for me not to want him. I reach up, grabbing one of Derek's wrappers. Wesley stops kissing me for a moment to put it on.

He lifts me when he has it on, setting me on him. My head rolled back because this was what I needed. This. I knew this was cheating, but let's be honest, he would rather me have sex with Wesley than with Tyler. Wesley moaned with every thrust. Every time he moved, it sent some pleasure down my spine. He kissed me a few times, then pulled away, looking at me.

"Addison," he moans. I'm holding the bars, biting my lips as he thrusts more and more and even more. I can tell I'm close. He is, too.

"Wes..." I didn't say anyone else's name. I figured it would come out wrong, but it didn't. I was almost glad for that. He thought that was hot; he got a bit faster.

"I'm close, Addison," he said.

"Mm, me too," I said. He thrusts faster and faster. But neither one of us could hold it anymore. Both of us finish together as if we were in sync. And we don't pull away.

We kiss slowly again. If Derek wanted to be an idiot, that was his problem. But Wesley stayed for me; he didn't leave. And I was so glad that he was here. He had no idea how grateful I was.

"Addison," he says. I pull back, and he lets me down.

"We should hurry; Dwayne will be posted soon enough," he said, running the moment. I put my head down, thinking maybe this was just a hit-and-run. But he lifts my head under my chin.

"We can lay in bed, talk, or whatever you want, but the water will get cold," he said. I smile.

We finish our shower. Jumping out. Both of us don't want to get dressed. So he puts his boxers on but nothing else. I decided I wouldn't wear my underwear. If we were staying in, I wanted to be as close to naked as possible. Who knew? Maybe I was trying to tease Wesley. I know I sound like a natural whore, but Derek left. And he didn't care that Wesley had feelings for me.

We lay in bed for thirty minutes before saying anything to each other. The peace was nice. But I was here with Wes, so I was content. Sure, it wasn't Derek, but it was just as good. And if the asshole didn't want to stay here with me, then I was going to fix myself. Wesley knew me like Derek. He knew my terrors. He knew my anger and fear.

"Addison, if Derek had broken up with you or never asked you to be his girlfriend, would you have chosen me," he asks. I was rubbing my arm. I'm lying on his bare chest. I would. I cared for him. I did have feelings.

"Yeah, I think so; I've always had feelings for you," I said. He smiles down at me. I couldn't keep a smile off my face. We had sex! Me and Wesley. Which one is better? Derek was. But Wesley was amazing, too! And he was more loving to me.

"I know you love him, and I know you are trying to heal yourself with me, and I don't mind, but I wish it were more than that," he said. I sit up, snapping my attention to him. He looks at me. I shake my head.

"No, Wesley, that's not what this was; if I wanted Derek, I would have said his name, I said yours; he left Wesley. He left. He chose, and so did I. I don't want to do it, but if he stays gone too long, he will lose me," I said. He looks down.

"He would lose himself too; I know him; he's crazy about you, Addison," he said. I shrug.

"Which is why he's not the one in my bed, the reason he kept fighting with me, the reason he left," I said. He sighs, lying back. I can see the thought in his head. I was right. Maybe Derek did love me, but he left and was toxic. To himself even.